• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Redux: Comedy has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
If my family (wife and 1 year old son) were to spend 24 hrs in Raleigh or Durham in February, what should we do/eat/drink and where should we stay? Prob leaning Airbnb over hotel.

I don't understand why we haven't taught more gorillas sign language.

I have a bunch of mature black walnut trees on my property. In the afternoon I practice dandelion husbandry. Someday I'd like to learn how to read. I was only ever taught to write.

leebs, REI decided to put down stakes here in not-quite amish country.

this on the heels of a Trader Joes coming soon. everyone is very excited.

If my family (wife and 1 year old son) were to spend 24 hrs in Raleigh or Durham in February, what should we do/eat/drink and where should we stay? Prob leaning Airbnb over hotel.

Stay in Durham, the downtown/urban core is much more interesting.

Just rubbed my eyes after still having some Jalapeno oil/juice on my hands after making a stir fry at lunch. Brutally painful. Needed one of those eye washing stations from science lab.

Just rubbed my eyes after still having some Jalapeno oil/juice on my hands after making a stir fry at lunch. Brutally painful. Needed one of those eye washing stations from science lab.

This is unfortunate.

It's not uncommon in the world, but back in the 90s, my brother and I would crush BW3's 10 cent Tuesdays and always get some of the hottest wings to finish the night with. One time, he forgot to wash his hands before taking a piss. I think that's one of like two times I've seen my brother have tears roll down his cheeks.

A fraternity brother of mine did the jalapeno/finger bang his GF once. Was a pretty hilarious story at chapter. Ended with him drinking milk and spraying/spitting it into her lady business.

Hmmm thinking about February activities. Museum of Life and Science is a very popular family destination. I don’t have kids so just have to trust what others have said. BBD might have some good input. Also not too sure what the Airbnb market is like in Durham but for hotels the 21C and The Durham are both cool and in the heart of downtown.

Restaurants: Cucciolo Osteria, M Sushi or Mateo are all favorites. Can’t go wrong depending on your taste preferences. Saint James (seafood) also should be open again by then.

Drinks: Kingfisher or Dram & Draught for cocktails. A lot of the brewery spots are more outdoor/summer destinations.

Ice Cream/Dessert: Two Roosters is the best but Parlour is a classic Durham spot and right in the middle of downtown so walkable from most places.

Saltbox, Eastcut and NuvoTaco are great lunch/casual dining places, though all 3 a bit under the radar maybe 10 min from downtown.

order delivery and don't bother people with your infant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back