• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

I do think the pressure of trying to win for K is getting to Duke's players. If their opponent can keep it close Duke starts to tighten up and you can almost see the stress and pressure start to rise. And once they reach the NCAA Tourney and they're facing the possibility of each game being K's last game ever the pressure is only going to get even worse.

And it’s all his own fault since he had to give himself a year long farewell tour.

GT has won as many ACC Tourney Championships as Wake despite joining the league some 26 years after Wake did.

Since wake lost won, nine other teams have taken the title including three (vt notre Miami) of the newest members.

I hate thinking Wake might not get another chance to play, but it makes me irate to think Xavier might get in over us.

Since wake lost won, nine other teams have taken the title including three (vt notre Miami) of the newest members.

Or as we used to call it growing up, the ACC Tournament.

My longest memories go back to when it was 7. Our futility in the ACCT over the past 25 years is damned depressing.

That said, still happy for VT. Duck Fuke. And I still say they flame out 1st weekend. They're soft. No way they should have this many ACC losses when they're by far the most talented team in the conference.

I don't think K has been that great of a coach for well over a decade now, he hasn't done a lot with the players he's had, he may be a hardass with the players at times but there still seems to have been a bit of a coasting vibe since he's gone to the one-and-done route.

Thus I don't know how much of a dropoff going to Scheyer will be (if at all), since it seems he's going to maintain the recruiting level

ESPN agrees:

Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Bubble Watch can report confidently that the Wake Forest offense is outstanding at home against opponents that won't earn an at-large bid. In blowout wins over Louisville and NC State, the Demon Deacons scored 200 points in 80 minutes of basketball. That nets out to 1.39 points per possession, and it was Daivien Williamson who set the pace against the Wolfpack with 28 points. The Deacons appear to have wrapped up at least a No. 10 seed in what will be the program's first NCAA tournament appearance in five years. (updated Mar. 3)

Barring a blowout loss in the first round of the ACCT, I think we're in too, although bad luck with bid-thieves could knock us down to the First Four. One win in the ACCT makes us a mortal lock.
:thumbsup:

Davidson fans have got to be apoplectic right now. Three straight and-1s for Richmond in the last 2 min to go up 1.

I'm dreading how much time I'm going to waste searching every kid who enters the portal, only to find 95% of them average <5ppg and play for a school I didn't know existed.

Then a kid from a big program, or at least a reputable mid major enters...Excitement builds...You look them up, too, only to find out they were the 9th or 10th man off the bench.

What are the RoE for the portal? Can players reach out to programs they would like to play for directly, or does the school have to initiate contact?

Back