• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 WF Baseball - Schedule Released

Not just a sweep but a 19-4 shellacking over 3 games. Huge confidence booster for O and pitching.

ACC Tournament seeds:

1. VT, if they close out Duke (currently up 4-2, T5, weather delay) or Miami if VT loses
2. Miami/VT
3. UL
4. Notre Dame
5. UVA
6. WF, if FSU loses at UNC (FSU trails 6-0, B7), or FSU if they rally
7. WF if FSU wins or GT/UNC/FSU if FSU loses
8. GT/UNC/FSU
9. GT/UNC/FSU
10. NC State
11. Pitt
12. Clemson

We are 11th in RPI. Top 16 seeds host. It is most definitely not out of the question.

We are 11th in RPI. Top 16 seeds host. It is most definitely not out of the question.

If we can get to semis of ACC tourney I would think our RPi is top 10 and given strength of ACC baseball I would hope we have 4-5 #1 seeds and that would get us one as would mean taking out Louisville and owning head to head vs them.

Damn hairdoos had Wake on the outside of the NCAAT looking in before the wolpfack sweep.

They can suck it now! :dancindeac:

is the first round of the tourney still set up to where one game is totally meaningless?

is the first round of the tourney still set up to where one game is totally meaningless?

It is disguised as pool play, but it is a single elimination tournament. The top 4 seeds get byes but each have to play an exhibition game against an eliminated team.

I was afraid of this but it looks like our first game is NC State...I think I'd rather have played anyone else....

Deacs have barely been ranked all year. You’re talking about a huge jump but I guess it”could’’ happen

The good thing about baseball is that rankings mean far less because there are so many of them and teams are all over the place. You can be #1 in one of them and #20 in another.

That was definitely our best series of the season. Pitching and timely hitting all in sync.

Is Katz injured?

Great weekend of baseball. Without looking at the stats we had just as many home runs and I bet we cut our strikeouts in half or so from last year. Much more balance 1-9 than last year and less “ hero” ball. Go Deacs!!

Back