• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Finally played Philly Cricket yesterday with some friends. Great experience and fun golf course. The course is very easily walkable, and I think you have to take caddies before 3 or something like that. The course was SUPER firm and fast which made it interesting. My drives (that found the fairway) would bound 8 feet in the air and fly down the fairway. Definitely recommend it if you get an opportunity.

Got lucky enough to get an invite to play Cassique down in Kiawah over the weekend. What an incredible track. I liked it better than the Ocean Course. Awesome mix of traditional links golf with low-country/marshland architecture. The wind was gusting to near 40 which made some holes damn near impossible, but still an awesome day.

In charge of an 8 man Bach party in a few weeks down in the Tybee Island/Savannah area. Definitely playing 2 days, might add a third.

Any course recommendations within 30-45 minute drive of Tybee Island?

In charge of an 8 man Bach party in a few weeks down in the Tybee Island/Savannah area. Definitely playing 2 days, might add a third.

I enjoyed Bacon Park for the historical aspect of it, but it wasn't in great shape a few years ago. That's the only course we played while we were there.

An 8-man Bach party? Are you having live music? I like his Brandenburg Concerto #2 in F Major. That will get things rockin’.

No one is more surprised than me, but, I won our club championship this weekend... In a 24 man scratch flight I was probably about 18th-20th in a list by handicap. We have at least 6-8 guys with handicaps of +2 or better... But for one windy, tough weekend I prevailed!

No one is more surprised than me, but, I won our club championship this weekend... In a 24 man scratch flight I was probably about 18th-20th in a list by handicap. We have at least 6-8 guys with handicaps of +2 or better... But for one windy, tough weekend I prevailed!

Congrats! That's awesome!

Congrats! That's awesome!

Just because I can't stop talking about it and my wife has stopped listening, I was leading after day 1 and was paired with the guy who finished second... I finished birdie-par to his bogey-bogey to win by 1... Dramatic!

Just because I can't stop talking about it and my wife has stopped listening, I was leading after day 1 and was paired with the guy who finished second... I finished birdie-par to his bogey-bogey to win by 1... Dramatic!

Congrats, Scooter. I no longer play championship flight but, there was a time. I’d never stop talking about it.

Congrats man!!! A lifetime of training in those hazardous mountain conditions of your childhood prepared you well.

Pretty incredible. I'm around a 2-3 and play in tournaments with those same types of guys and just get demolished. If I ever won I don't think I'd ever stop talking about it!

Congrats, Scooter. I no longer play championship flight but, there was a time. I’d never stop talking about it.

I won my last one 2 years ago and still haven't stopped talking about it. Enjoy it!

There’s a guy in my Saturday group who won our club championship AND senior club championship the year he turned 50. That was eight years ago and we’re all still hearing about it.

He had two parking spaces and took pictures of the signs.

That’s awesome. You should definitely keep talking about it even if we give you shit for talking about it.

There’s a guy in my Saturday group who won our club championship AND senior club championship the year he turned 50. That was eight years ago and we’re all still hearing about it.

He had two parking spaces and took pictures of the signs.

Did he park inbetween the two, half in each space? I feel like thats the necessary power-play there

One for his car and one for his golf cart?

Did he park inbetween the two, half in each space? I feel like thats the necessary power-play there

Women’s champ spot in between the two. He used to just park in which ever spot he felt like parking on any given day. Pretty cool to win both, though. The thing is, this guy is fifty-eight and he’s still a threat to win the senior.

Any of the high-level competitive players here have any advice for managing your mind, your nerves, and your game in a tournament? I used to be able to play up to my ability in competition, years ago, but having been away from it for a long time I find my game falling apart under the slightest pressure. I'm talking club tournaments - nothing big.
My only thought is to try and play in more tournaments so I get used to it, but so far that isn't helping.
This past weekend I played OK (not good, mind you, but OK) one day but literally shot 12+ shots worse than my index on the second day. How does that even happen?
clearly our advice helped!!
congrats!!

Women’s champ spot in between the two. He used to just park in which ever spot he felt like parking on any given day. Pretty cool to win both, though. The thing is, this guy is fifty-eight and he’s still a threat to win the senior.

Old guys still mostly dominate our club. Last year the final twosome were 57 and 63 (I am 58). 4 out of the last 5 champs have all been mid 50s or older. We have some really good older players - the guy that is now 63 has won the CGA senior more than once and there are a few other guys that are competitive at the CGA Senior and even Mid-Am level. We have a growing group of really good younger guys now, though. The guy that came in 2nd this year is around 30, played in college and carries a +3.6 index...

Back