• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

That’s easily 5 figures. I’ve investigated before but never pulled the trigger. You’re likely looking at a minimum of $15-$20 per square foot.

You can save a bunch of money by installing yourself. I had a buddy do it - but it took a long time and I wasn’t very impressed with the results. It was pretty bumpy in spots.

Cool man. Playing for the first time myself this year too. Headed down with a group of 8 bros in mid-July. Playing Mid-Pines, 2, 4, 8, 9 and Forest Creek.

did you do this trip? How was Mid Pines? Spending a weekend in late August in Southern Pines and just booked there. Also playing Hyland.

did you do this trip? How was Mid Pines? Spending a weekend in late August in Southern Pines and just booked there. Also playing Hyland.

It's a super fun track. They had punched the greens two weeks prior, so they were slow. We played it first though so that helped. The 15th tee (I think) is up on a hill and has a great view of the entire property. The course is a great deal for a solid Ross course in Pinehurst.

The resort courses were running super fast due to the North/South. I shot a bazillion on No. 2. I was playing well headed into the trip was overall disappointed with how I played, but the courses were all great. Forest Creek is a special place.

In response to the sneakerhead thread, what kind of shoes are you guys into these days. I bought this pair of FJ in the same size as my other RFJ shoes, thinking they'd fit and be a little cooler. Turns out they're a little snug, but there's no way I could go up a half size. Also, they're 100% waterproof and not really any cooler. So, I've been trimming my toenails before I put them on so I can get some use out of them before I find something that fits a little better. Luckily (and by design) they weren't all that expensive.

Anybody got a pair of go-to shoes for walking in the summer heat ?

FJ_56252_01.png

Perhaps I should have specified TURF in all caps in my post? Or maybe GTB is saying turf is also really tough/expensive to maintain?

I'm wondering how expensive it would be to do something like the picture below. From some quick googling, it looks pretty damn costly.

backyard-putting-green-2.jpg

On first glance I assumed that photo's from somebody's back yard, but the tee box at the bottom would indicate no. Either that, or the owner is bombing tee shots over the neighboring houses.

In response to the sneakerhead thread, what kind of shoes are you guys into these days. I bought this pair of FJ in the same size as my other RFJ shoes, thinking they'd fit and be a little cooler. Turns out they're a little snug, but there's no way I could go up a half size. Also, they're 100% waterproof and not really any cooler. So, I've been trimming my toenails before I put them on so I can get some use out of them before I find something that fits a little better. Luckily (and by design) they weren't all that expensive.

Anybody got a pair of go-to shoes for walking in the summer heat ?

FJ_56252_01.png

FJ Superlites are the most comfortable shoe by far I've ever worn. They're honestly just as comfortable as my Allbirds. Wore an older pair of DryJoys the other day that look good, but made my feet feel miserable.

FJ_58060_01.png

Played Mid Pines for the first time yesterday. Good lord that place is amazing. Perfect condition and such a visually appealing and challenging layout. Played fairly terrible but each hole I'd finish and be super excited to get to the next tee box and see what was up next. Highly recommend.

Played Mid Pines for the first time yesterday. Good lord that place is amazing. Perfect condition and such a visually appealing and challenging layout. Played fairly terrible but each hole I'd finish and be super excited to get to the next tee box and see what was up next. Highly recommend.

Good to hear it's in great shape. Last time I played there, it was a little rough. Did you get/are you getting over to Pine Needles across the street? I like Mid Pines just fine, but Pine Needles is a caliber or two above, IMHO.

Good to hear it's in great shape. Last time I played there, it was a little rough. Did you get/are you getting over to Pine Needles across the street? I like Mid Pines just fine, but Pine Needles is a caliber or two above, IMHO.

Didn't do Pine Needles on this trip. Played in a meet-up/tourney at Hyland Saturday morning, then Mid Pines yesterday. It's on the list though.

I did a quick 36 hole up and back to Pinehurst Saturday and played Dormie Club and Mid Pines. Mid Pines was solid, Dormie was spectacular. Played Pine Needles about 3 weeks ago and it was also in stellar condition.

Good to hear Dormie is back to its old self. First few times we played there it was awesome, then it took a huge nosedive.

Have you played Mid Pines since the renovation? I'm the opposite - I prefer MP to PN. Both are exceptional, but MP is more interesting to me off the tee.

Good to hear Dormie is back to its old self. First few times we played there it was awesome, then it took a huge nosedive.

Can't hide the great bones of that track though!

Have you played Mid Pines since the renovation? I'm the opposite - I prefer MP to PN. Both are exceptional, but MP is more interesting to me off the tee.

I believe so. Ross restoration complete in 13/14 right?

In the market for a new driving iron/hybrid to replace an old Titleist 713MB driving iron and hit the U500, U510, and TS3 over the weekend. Was surprised how much better I hit and liked the hybrid than the driving irons. Guess I'm a changed man. Also excited to see what I can do with the hybrid around the greens, as our course has some runoff chipping areas that have gotten way too thick/lush to putt through into the grain, but make for really tough pitch/lob shots.

On first glance I assumed that photo's from somebody's back yard, but the tee box at the bottom would indicate no. Either that, or the owner is bombing tee shots over the neighboring houses.

I first thought maybe he set up a net to the left. Looking at the mat, it is set up to hit out over the green (the clubs appear to be RH). Curious.

I believe so. Ross restoration complete in 13/14 right?

In the market for a new driving iron/hybrid to replace an old Titleist 713MB driving iron and hit the U500, U510, and TS3 over the weekend. Was surprised how much better I hit and liked the hybrid than the driving irons. Guess I'm a changed man. Also excited to see what I can do with the hybrid around the greens, as our course has some runoff chipping areas that have gotten way too thick/lush to putt through into the grain, but make for really tough pitch/lob shots.

The 2 iron is my favorite club in my bag - I don’t think Titleist has improved since the 712u. I’ve had all of them through the u500.

I do have one of the new Taylormade 2 irons on pre-order so we’ll see if that can kick the 712u out of the bag finally.

What kind of push carts are folks using these days? The Walker Trolley is pricey but dang it looks good.

Back