• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Off to Bandon Dunes 5/15 - 5/17 (Playing Pacific Dunes, Sheep Ranch, Bandon Dunes) with number one son who says it's his favorite golf destination anywhere he has played.
Nursing a bad back (spinal stenosis) and hoping that after my steroid injection yesterday, I'll be able to make the walks (3 rounds) successfully. Wish me luck.

You got this.

I've been on and off the struggle bus but it looks like I'll make the cut at the NC Senior and get to play tomorrow... For anyone who hasn't played Croasdaile CC in Durham, I recommend it - it is a classic gem. Firm fast bent greens that are big and have a good bit of undulation - they really roll true. The course twists and turns and has some elevation changes and is really enjoyable - and challenging, especially in the wind we have been having...

Congrats! That's a hell of an accomplishment.

I'd like to extend a personal "fuck you" to the Mid-Atlantic's tendency to be beautiful during the week and then drop 15 degrees and rain on the weekend. Really made the spectator experience at the Wells Fargo on Friday a treat.

Although honestly I ate a huge edible, wandered around with a buddy, followed some top-notch golfers, and had a blast despite being dumped on for 8 hours.

Yeah we went on Thursday and it was great. Knowing how bad the incoming weather was going to be made us feel particularly fortunate that we didn't go for Friday. That was just an epic weekend in the bad-weather history of DC, which is really saying something...

Yeah, but yesterday and today are straight up amazing. I played a Tuesday Twilight match last night and it really could not have been better. Enjoy the weather now before the 91 degrees 90% humidity days arrive.

I've been on and off the struggle bus but it looks like I'll make the cut at the NC Senior and get to play tomorrow... For anyone who hasn't played Croasdaile CC in Durham, I recommend it - it is a classic gem. Firm fast bent greens that are big and have a good bit of undulation - they really roll true. The course twists and turns and has some elevation changes and is really enjoyable - and challenging, especially in the wind we have been having...

Play well today and get into the top 30 for the exemption into next year. I miss those days of not having to qualify.

Good luck today scooter!!!!

Scores looked tough out there the first two days. Croasdaile can get those bent greens running fast if they want to, which can make it a huge challenge. Good luck today!

Scores looked tough out there the first two days. Croasdaile can get those bent greens running fast if they want to, which can make it a huge challenge. Good luck today!

Yea, the combination of strong, swirling winds and the fast, firm, undulating greens pushed the scores pretty high. My short game deserted me today as I 3-putted 3 times and failed to get up and down another 3 times from places I normally would have no trouble doing so... Oh well, no top 30 for me... I'll have to get them next time... I hope to play in 2 or 3 more CGA events this year.

I'm paired with Mack Brown in an event benefitting HBCUs today.

Hoping to slip in a few jabs.

I'm paired with Mack Brown in an event benefitting HBCUs today.

Hoping to slip in a few jabs.

The assistant pro sent me a pic of the helmet he donated for the silent auction. I suggested we bid on it and defile it at the football tailgate.

This was funny.

It was a four-man scramble with Mack, our GM, Ryan Sullivan (local touring pro), and myself.

Mack let us carry the load from most of the tee-boxes, and the club's GM had already stuck one to ~5ft on the par 3 17th.

Mack didn't want to get out of the cart, but I ribbed him (because he'd been complaining about not getting to play enough golf, etc) & there was a closest-to-the-pin contest on that hole.

He finally gets out of the cart and angrily fires this dart to 4'2".

You'll notice he tosses his club at our GM and says "my shit is right!".

He was great to play with. Extremely sharp and personable.

So is the fat dude with the untucked shirt, Oakleys, and the cigarette your GM or just some volunteer minding the tee box ?

Played The Preserve at Jordan Lake yesterday. I absolutely love the course - worth a quick trip from the Triad or Triangle if you've never played it. Almost had an ugly hole in one on a ball I hit a little thin and probably 6-7 yards right but got a friendly kick dead left and it started tracking to the whole but ended up a tap in birdie.

Back