• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

‘The Blind Side’ was a lie

Pretty shocking if they STILL had this conservatorship. He's got to be in his mid-30s by now. This is like a Brittany thing.

Pretty shocking if they STILL had this conservatorship. He's got to be in his mid-30s by now. This is like a Brittany thing.
From the article, it does sound like they still have the conservatorship. And yes, that's extremely odd. I remember him being vocal about hating the movie because he thought it didn't portray him and their situation accurately. It's also interesting in the article that their son said that he gets why Oher is mad.

What he thought was adoption was conservatorship. That's the lie.

I like how Sean says they had to do the conservatorship for so the NCAA would let Oher go to Ole MIss. That's giving up the whole game right there. He couldn't let his "son" go somewhere else.

Oher's "brother", SJ Tuohy's first interview on this was with Portnoy/Barstool ...do what you will with that info.

Oher's "brother", SJ Tuohy's first interview on this was with Portnoy/Barstool ...do what you will with that info.
think that says it all

Portnoy's first order of business after "buying back" Barstool was rehiring someone the previous owners made him fire because he said the N word.

What he thought was adoption was conservatorship. That's the lie.

I like how Sean says they had to do the conservatorship for so the NCAA would let Oher go to Ole MIss. That's giving up the whole game right there. He couldn't let his "son" go somewhere else.
the circumstances aren't the same obviously, but parents dictating where their kid goes to play major college sports isn't unique

the circumstances aren't the same obviously, but parents dictating where their kid goes to play major college sports isn't unique
No. But "adopting" someone specifically so they can play sports at your university is unique. That's why there's a whole movie about it.

No. But "adopting" someone specifically so they can play sports at your university is unique. That's why there's a whole movie about it.
that would be the cynical view of it, and may be correct. Did they adopt him so he would play sports at Ole Miss or did they truly sign the paperwork to avoid the NCAA blocking him going to ole miss?

I have fewer questions around that than I do as to why the conservatorship is still in place nearly 20 years later.

that would be the cynical view of it, and may be correct. Did they adopt him so he would play sports at Ole Miss or did they truly sign the paperwork to avoid the NCAA blocking him going to ole miss?

I have fewer questions around that than I do as to why the conservatorship is still in place nearly 20 years later.

Those are the same thing.

On one side them already having 100s of millions of dollars is a compelling reason to not need any more from something like a movie, on the other side they look like a family that would like to own a black person.
yep.

good read, regardless of what you think about Whitlock's politics
yeah sorry not giving Glenn Beck's site any clicks

But if you do wanna dig deeper into Whitlock and his totally good faith background, he hosted a Twitter space last night called "Does it matter if Obama is gay?" on the heels of Whitlock covering the hard hitting journalism from his new media space about Obama allegedly writing gay fantasy fiction while he was in college. He's just asking questions!

I'm probably good on clicking on any article Whitlock writes, especially hosted on The Blaze.

Back