• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

‘The Blind Side’ was a lie

whatever you think of whitlock he asks some decent questions. One of mine is why is this coming to light? If the conservatorship was onerous wouldn't he have noticed he wasn't getting his NFL paychecks at their correct amount?

I'm not making a judgement one way or the other....there are real questions both ways on this thing.

I haven’t seen that they were getting a cut of his NFL checks just any money from the book and movie.

I don't know have enough information to form an opinion on this. May never have enough.

But, based upon the son's comments, it appears there is more to this story than has been revealed to the public. It appears more complicated than a "shakedown" (not my term).

Apparently, these people are worth a shit-ton of money independent of Oher's success. So, I don't know that I see the financial motivation from their end. But, that also raises doubt as to why they didn't actually adopt Oher with that kind of wealth.

Just an odd situation IMHO.

whatever you think of whitlock he asks some decent questions. One of mine is why is this coming to light? If the conservatorship was onerous wouldn't he have noticed he wasn't getting his NFL paychecks at their correct amount?

I'm not making a judgement one way or the other....there are real questions both ways on this thing.
My understanding is that the conservatorship gave them the rights to sell his name, image, likeness, story, etc. on their own and without his consent. So not so much that NFL paychecks would go to them, but that they could basically make business deals and sell endorsements and stuff on his behalf.

I don't know have enough information to form an opinion on this. May never have enough.

But, based upon the son's comments, it appears there is more to this story than has been revealed to the public. It appears more complicated than a "shakedown" (not my term).

Apparently, these people are worth a shit-ton of money independent of Oher's success. So, I don't know that I see the financial motivation from their end. But, that also raises doubt as to why they didn't actually adopt Oher with that kind of wealth.

Just an odd situation IMHO.
Yeah, super rich people are famously very generous with their wealth and definitely don’t try to screw over other people to make more money that they don’t need

Joe Rogan I’m just asking questions dot gif

So the 200 million + the Touhys made from their franchises prior to Oher and they are going to milk a vulnerable kid?

Lol, he pissed his NFL fortune away.....

That's it. You people are suckers to believe the media.
He could need the money and they can also be bad people. Both can be true.

I think the conservatorship v. adoption aspect is....not flattering in the least to the Touhys...at all.

My understanding is that the conservatorship gave them the rights to sell his name, image, likeness, story, etc. on their own and without his consent. So not so much that NFL paychecks would go to them, but that they could basically make business deals and sell endorsements and stuff on his behalf.

But still how did he not know until now?

Yeah, super rich people are famously very generous with their wealth and definitely don’t try to screw over other people to make more money that they don’t need
And once they have enough money they’re satisfied and do not seek more.

is that Jason Whitlock? people still pay that spineless fuck to write words?
He went from respected newspaper columnist and PTI guest host to someone who was gonna get his own version of Grantland to working for Clay Travis and Glenn Beck.

He went from respected newspaper columnist and PTI guest host to someone who was gonna get his own version of Grantland to working for Clay Travis and Glenn Beck.
honestly "his own version of Grantland" ended up being his downfall

the undefeated pretty much imploded before it ever got up and running

If y'all think the Touhy's being super rich is reason for them not to try to fleece Oher then you definitely don't understand new money people. You don't get that rich and stay that rich through constant acts of service and compassion. The ultra-wealthy, new money families I grew up around and met through Wake are some of the stingiest people I've come across (not their kids necessarily, but def the parents).

The family each received 2.5% of the 300 million dollar proceeds of the movie, which equaled out to 4.5 million each. Michael received nothing. That in itself seems pretty scummy. Choosing a conservatorship and telling him he was part of the family is pretty scummy. I think those two actions combined show how they felt about him and about what they did.

Back