• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

“Inside WakeyLeaks” from The Athletic

I knew Cory really well at Wake and run into him from time to time. Our daughters were in the same softball league and my lady friend is a coworker of his. Such a good dude.

Also the greatest QB in the history of Wake Forest FB. Would have been awesome with this staff.

DR is the biggest joke I've seen on a message board. Gets called out for his blatant lies and goes ghost all the sudden. What a pathetic person.

And here I was thinking he had real strong moral fortitude

DR is the biggest joke I've seen on a message board. Gets called out for his blatant lies and goes ghost all the sudden. What a pathetic person.

He's at St. Andrews. He's probably been watching the opening round of The Open all day. Dude doesn't back down from arguments.

He's at St. Andrews. He's probably been watching the opening round of The Open all day. Dude doesn't back down from arguments.

Not really much of an argument.

“I said X and everyone dismissed me”
“No you didn’t, here are the literal posts where you said Y and Z”

Crickets

I can see why he’d want to rewrite history though, since that thread was the only time in recorded history he actually admitted he was wrong and apologized.

Not really much of an argument.

“I said X and everyone dismissed me”
“No you didn’t, here are the literal posts where you said Y and Z”

Crickets

I can see why he’d want to rewrite history though, since that thread was the only time in recorded history he actually admitted he was wrong and apologized.

I'm getting my popcorn ready.

Who on the old board nicknamed him Donnie Greensboro? I laugh every time I think about that.

This just popped in my head, and you all probably have alluded to it, but didn't Elrod have another really cushy gig with WF? Managing some sort of asset portfolio or something? Really stupid to blow that sort of setup.

This just popped in my head, and you all probably have alluded to it, but didn't Elrod have another really cushy gig with WF? Managing some sort of asset portfolio or something? Really stupid to blow that sort of setup.

Yes, I don't remember his exact title, but he was employed by Verger Capital, which is the entity that manages Wake's endowment.

Yes, I don't remember his exact title, but he was employed by Verger Capital, which is the entity that manages Wake's endowment.

[h=1]Elrod resigned from full-time job before 'Wakeyleaks' bombshell[/h]
https://journalnow.com/elrod-resign...cle_02fc9d94-72ba-5522-bc9e-8cb25a38342d.html

Elrod has resigned from his full-time job as director of business management for Verger Investment LLC, the for-profit entity Wake Forest formed in May of 2014 to manage the university’s investments. Jim Dunn, the chief executive and chief investment officer of Verger, said Wednesday morning that Elrod resigned voluntarily on Monday.

The resignation came just before Wake Forest’s allegation on Tuesday that Elrod had provided or attempted to provide confidential and proprietary game preparations to opponents on multiple occasions, starting in 2014. Elrod, who was a member of the football team from 1993-97 and was an assistant coach for Jim Grobe for 11 seasons, was terminated from his job as color commentator for the Wake Forest IMG radio network and banned from Wake Forest athletics and its facilities.
--------------

Weird coincidence that Wake didn't have a company to manage the endowment until a few months after Elrod needed a job.

Also the greatest QB in the history of Wake Forest FB. Would have been awesome with this staff.

Yea, maybe Riley Skinner or Sam Hartman might come back on the radio one day. (Hartman after his NFL career)

Pretty amazing Elrod felt entitled to not bounce around the country like every other football coach.

Do you know what you call a clown who is watching golf in Scotland? A clown.

I knew Cory really well at Wake and run into him from time to time. Our daughters were in the same softball league and my lady friend is a coworker of his. Such a good dude.

He’s a really good dude. We had a class or two together and I knew him from working for the Athletic Department. Ran into him on the concourse in Annapolis during the monsoon lightning delay in ‘09.

[h=1]Elrod resigned from full-time job before 'Wakeyleaks' bombshell[/h]

Weird coincidence that Wake didn't have a company to manage the endowment until a few months after Elrod needed a job.

I don't post often but as someone in the industry felt compelled to say that this is one of the most ignorant posts I've seen on the board. Go look at any t50 university (e.g., MITIMCo, HMC, DUMAC, UVIMCO). They are almost always run by "independent" management companies so they can shield liability and pay market rate salaries and bonuses and go after the best talent, independent of college hiring practices. In Verger's case they also were trying to attract capital from schools with smaller endowments to increase AUM and maintain access to the best outside managers. I have no inside information on whether that was successful versus firms like Commonfund but that was purpose, not hiring a shill like Elrod.

Back