• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

100 greatest video games of all time

I'm not sure Red Dead will make it. I think it's certainly worthy - I think it's certainly better than all of the GTA franchise - but it doesn't seem like they are valuing open world games that highly. Fallout 3 came in at like #92. If RDR is on there, what about Skyrim and Oblivion?

Different argument to me. I think Oblivion/Skyrim are in the Fallout 3 category, which is a different kind of open world game than a GTA or RDR. RDR was fun as an open world game, but the real draws of that game were the story and the characters. Those are mostly afterthoughts in an Elder Scrolls game.

For shits and giggles here's my prediction of the top 20 in no particular order. Be interesting to see how many I get right. I'm sure there will be a couple wildcards/games I forgot about.

Goldeneye
Super Mario Bros. 3
Chrono Trigger
Perfect Dark (wild card)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Red Dead Redemption
Halo 2
Shadow of the Colossus
Metal Gear Solid
Bioshock
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Doom
Uncharted 3
Half-Life 2 (wild card)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Final Fantasy III
Mario Kart
Portal 2

My bold prediction is that The Last of Us won't be included, and Portal 2 will be number 1.

Not a bad list, and I agree about Perfect Dark probably being on there. Final Fantasy III was already on the list, though (as Final Fantasy VI). I think SMB3 will be #1.

Yeah, if there's a FF in the Top 20, it's probably VII.

Also: Man, I can't believe they have Banjo and Kazooie above Mario 64. And Soul Calibur over (the apparent altogether omission of) Soul Calibur II.

wait, they're including hand-helds on this? with pokemon at 29?

interesting.
have i missed zelda - link's awakening? because that's gotta be up there if pokemon is.

wait, they're including hand-helds on this? with pokemon at 29?

interesting.
have i missed zelda - link's awakening? because that's gotta be up there if pokemon is.

Pokémon gold was 96.

Also I love how this board's software automatically puts the accent over the e when you type Pokémon.

South_Park_World_of_Warcraft.jpg

For shits and giggles here's my prediction of the top 20 in no particular order. Be interesting to see how many I get right. I'm sure there will be a couple wildcards/games I forgot about.

Goldeneye
Super Mario Bros. 3
Chrono Trigger
Perfect Dark (wild card)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Red Dead Redemption
Halo 2
Shadow of the Colossus
Metal Gear Solid
Bioshock
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Doom
Uncharted 3
Half-Life 2 (wild card)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Final Fantasy III
Mario Kart
Portal 2

My bold prediction is that The Last of Us won't be included, and Portal 2 will be number 1.

One of the Gran Turismo's has got to be in the top 20. Probably Gran Turismo 3.

has ratchet and clank been mentioned at all? i don't think i've seen it. i freaking love that game.

Top 20 is out. Some surprises for sure. I got my bold prediction on The Last of Us, no Perfect Dark is kind of lame, and I was only 6 spots off on Portal 2. Only predicted 12 of the top 20. I'm sure no Super Mario Bros. 3 is going to baffle a lot of people.

I totally forgot about Braid, but it's definitely worthy of its spot.

3 Zelda games in the top 13 seems a bit much, but hey.

i stupidly gave away my old nintendo64 system with donkey kong country--though i am not sure how you even use that system these days on modern TVs

Strange list. Some computer games but not all of them and some blatantly obvious misses. No the last of us is a huge miss imo

Back