• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

11/11/11 College Basketball thread.

With less than a minute left, Belmont is only down 1. This game is going to be coming down to the wire.

Thornton has also fouled out. Rivers has 4.

Belmont looks like bizzaro world Duke. Maybe Duke basketball's little brother.

That's a complement by the way.

WVU is 37 Kenpom spots higher than ORU and is playing at home. Not that impressive.

Kenpom doesn't mean that much right now. It's basically his opinion. Like Sagarin early in the year.

WVU has I think 11 first-year players. 3 guys that played much at all last year. ORU is a veteran team that knows how to play and has some talent.

I didn't say it was a great win, but it's a good win to build on, good to beat a good team in your first game especially after losing your last exhibition game. But I'm as impressed with Oral Roberts. They were down double digits and kept clawing and fighting. Their pressure really gave WVU problems.

Pretty similar to this Duke/Belmont game in that the more touted team is the less experienced one.

Wow, nice call Pam.

Kenpom doesn't mean that much right now. It's basically his opinion. Like Sagarin early in the year.

WVU has I think 11 first-year players. 3 guys that played much at all last year. ORU is a veteran team that knows how to play and has some talent.

I didn't say it was a great win, but it's a good win to build on, good to beat a good team in your first game especially after losing your last exhibition game.

Pretty similar to this Duke/Belmont game in that the more touted team is the less experienced one.

Wow, nice call Pam.

Pretty sure that's Doris.

Not sure how people don't realize the difference by now.

Pam Ward - play-by-play football
Doris Burke - sideline and color basketball

Pretty sure that's Doris.

Not sure how people don't realize the difference by now.

Pam Ward - play-by-play football
Doris Burke - sideline and color basketball

Not something that's at the top of my "must learn" list. After the Jeopardy Tournament of Champions, 60-70s pop culture is even ahead of it now.

That St. John's game is one of the few major conference non-con games I missed while at Duke.

Jeez...such a good performance by Belmont, right to the last buzzer.

Just didn't convert enough chances when they got them with about 2-3 minutes to go. Hedgpeth really should have converted that layup when he got fouled. Too easy.

Duke was playing way too aggressive D up 4 right there. Surprised Belmont didn't go for the easy 2 and foul again. There was enough time.

Another near miss loss to a major opponent for Belmont. I can only help this good loss gets them a better seed in the tournament.

Duke was playing way too aggressive D up 4 right there. Surprised Belmont didn't go for the easy 2 and foul again. There was enough time.

Another near miss loss to a major opponent for Belmont. I can only help this good loss gets them a better seed in the tournament.

Looked like they were trying to get the easy two but Duke defended better. Probably didn't have time to do anything but take the shot anyway though.

Belmont made a few key mistakes late that kept them from having a better chance.

Back