• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

Trump activated a bunch of pissed off Scotch Irish nativist-populists in the rust & coal belt. Seems that Republicans know they cant bring those jobs back, so the only way to keep those new voters engaged is to terrorize undocumented immigrants and elitist liberals.

Florida - conservative-leaning sometimes swing state
Georgia - deep red
NY - deep blue
Texas - deep red but people keep talking about making it purple, who knows by 2040
NC - I don't know WTF we are anymore. Purple but ruled by a deep red minority I guess.
Illinois - light blue
Pennsylvania - used to be deep blue, now hot bed of Trumpism? Pennsylvania confuses me
California - deep blue

TX could be purple by 2024/28 if Hispanics turn out in force.

PA has never really been deep blue. For most of the past 30 years, PA has had a GOP Senator and there have been GOP governors. Trump barely won. In 2012, 64.8% of eligible voters turned out. In 2016 that number dropped to 61.3%.

as the following shows, much of that was black turnout which cost Clinton cramatically https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...s-philadelphia-black-voters-stayed-home-costi

Dems need turnout in 2020.

In Kansas, a moderate R state senator endorsed a democrat running against Yoder in KS-3. The majority leader then removed her from her committee leadership position.

Turnout was actually higher in PA in 2016 than it was in 2012.

You can see the Trump-specific weirdness of PA in the maps for president and for senate. Lots of Clinton / Toomey voters in the Philadelphia suburbs and Trump / Dem voters in the red parts of western PA.

Trump:
375px-Pennsylvania_Presidential_Election_Results_2016.svg.png

Toomey:
375px-Pennsylvania_Senate_Election_Results_by_County%2C_2016.svg.png

This is a different person than the one who had the illegal immigrant bus. This guy has an illegal immigrant truck. Crucial difference to Georgia voters.

Looks like they impressed someone.

Uh yeah. We are kidnapping kids. Of course it’s a big problem.

Sailor thinks the poll showing concerns about the GOP kidnapping children is a good thing. Liberal tears must be flowing.

Trump last night on CBS says that his dream opposing Dem candidate in 2020 would be Biden.

Be careful what you wish for big guy.

Millennial Farmer Runs for Office, Runs After Her Flock

The biggest challenge to being younger, she says, is getting capital to maintain the property. So to keep the farm afloat, Johnson works two jobs: full time as an irrigation technician in a nearby town and part time at a farm supply store in another town. Then she comes home to make sure her flock is fed, safe and sheared.

While she would be justified in putting her feet up and resting after that, she feels a responsibility to her community to help local farmers who are just as stretched, just as hard working.

So she's running for a seat in the Minnesota State House of Representatives.

Partly motivated by the love for her community and partly because she's become keenly aware of the struggles faced by the local farming community, she campaigns in her extra hours, she said, to represent the many farmers who are in the same situation as she is.

"You just see so many people who have to work two or three jobs like 60-70 hours a week just to afford the basics," she said.

Trump last night on CBS says that his dream opposing Dem candidate in 2020 would be Biden.

Based on his obsession with TV and visuals, I'm guessing he just doesn't want to share the debate stage with someone under 60.

Yeah, 'cause nobody would energize and expand the Dem voting base like *squints at notecard* Joe Biden. ol Amtrak Joe certainly has the pulse of the nation.

Yeah, 'cause nobody would energize and expand the Dem voting base like *squints at notecard* Joe Biden. ol Amtrak Joe certainly has the pulse of the nation.

I mean, Americans do love trains

I don't like to make predictions, but this dude is going to mop up his congressional race

Back