• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

Yeah. The guy who won said the unemployment numbers were fake.

it's not pedantry to understand how a major economic indicator works, especially when running on economic justice
It's exactly pedantry to overanalyze a single sentence of a single off the cuff quote for the purposes of defaming a candidates overall aptitude in a legislative subject, especially when they've already clarified and corrected their remark. It's lazy criticism and it's extremely ineffective electorally.

Last edited:
may be lazy criticism but you're in for a long haul if you think it's ineffective electorally

Are people disagreeing with her main point that unemployment rates allow us to ignore the reality of little to no wage growth?

Are people disagreeing with her main point that unemployment rates allow us to ignore the reality of little to no wage growth?

I think it was her comment that unemployment was down because lots of people work two jobs

may be lazy criticism but you're in for a long haul if you think it's ineffective electorally
Right. We all know that Republicans win elections on the strength of their accuracy and knowledge. You know the West Wing was just a tv show, right?

no they win because they make elections about things like 'slips of the tongue' and 'email servers'

no they win because they make elections about things like 'slips of the tongue' and 'email servers'
lol no shit. Your takeaway from Hillary's loss is that Democrat candidates have to be perfect in order to win? Yeah, thats what took her down, Republicans picking at her small foibles.

no they need to be smarter. sometimes i feel like I'm on the side of the french in WWI, stubbornly sticking to red pants and white-gloved officers leading frontal assaults because of belief in élan

I think it was her comment that unemployment was down because lots of people work two jobs

DiVeckOX4AAKeKT.jpg:large

Her main point was clearly that unemployment rates allow us to ignore the reality of little to no wage growth.

But yeah, Republicans will obfuscate things because of their agenda which AOC said as well.

It's exactly pedantry to overanalyze a single sentence of a single off the cuff quote for the purposes of defaming a candidates overall aptitude in a legislative subject, especially when they've already clarified and corrected their remark. It's lazy criticism and it's extremely ineffective electorally.

Bullshit. Single sentences are important. Some much moreso than others. I'm glad she's learning though.

DiVeckOX4AAKeKT.jpg:large

Her main point was clearly that unemployment rates allow us to ignore the reality of little to no wage growth.

But yeah, Republicans will obfuscate things because of their agenda which AOC said as well.

The problem is that the "two jobs" thing is so dumb and so wrong that you can't even hear her make the point that she's making. And, BTW, it's not a new talking point. Everybody's heard it a thousand times, just not with the added completely inaccurate commentary which makes you wonder if she has any idea what she, or any other democrat, is talking about.

no they need to be smarter. sometimes i feel like I'm on the side of the french in WWI, stubbornly sticking to red pants and white-gloved officers leading frontal assaults because of belief in élan
Smarter how, and for whom? Which voting bloc is hanging on this pedantry? When you can tell me that, i'll be convinced.

To be fair to you, i'll go first: I'm fully convinced that there are masses of blue collar working class voters, whites and minorities, who are excited to vote for whichever candidate promises to change their material conditions, and those voters by and large dont give a fuck about Russian collusion or how unemployment is calculated.

Now you go, tell me about this sector of potential Dem voters whose votes are based on whichever candidate gives the most accurate quotes.

Oh good. "Voters are stupid. Accuracy is for pencil-necked geeks. Just tell them what they want to hear." You could have been Trump's campaign manager. In fact, you still could.

Oh good. "Voters are stupid. Accuracy is for pencil-necked geeks. Just tell them what they want to hear." You could have been Trump's campaign manager. In fact, you still could.
Policy isn't written on the campaign trail. Trump's campaign knew that. I hope someday you learn to recognize and respect desperation for what it is, instead of interpreting it as "stupidity" and dismissing it.

Back