• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

Collins is a real turd. Sucks that the Buffalo arts community can't tank him in NY-27 the way they did in the 2011 county exec race

Yes, any third candidate would have split that vote, but a moderate candidate of any religion or ethnicity would have siphoned votes from Whitmer. Its hard enough for a single progressive candidate to get traction in a primary, but there is sure as hell not room for two competing against each other.

Kind of like when third party progressives split votes with democrats in general elections. But hey, it's just people voting for the candidate they prefer.

Kind of like when third party progressives split votes with democrats in general elections. But hey, it's just people voting for the candidate they prefer.
The Green party is not the Democrat party. That's not a difficult concept. You might as well be fucking complaining about Republicans being on the ballot.

The Green party is not the Democrat party. That's not a difficult concept. You might as well be fucking complaining about Republicans being on the ballot.

Wasting votes on Green Party candidates does help elect Republicans. A Green vote has the same impact as voting for the Republican

You can pooh pooh it all you like, but this is the case.

Wasting votes on Green Party candidates does help elect Republicans. A Green vote has the same impact as voting for the Republican

I'm not a fucking Green party member, RJ, i'm just trying my best to explain to you all that Green party votes are not Democrat votes, if you count them as such you're going to be disappointed every election.

I’d rather not have someone who would consider voting for Jill Stein having any influence over the Dem’s platform. They’re free to keep voting for the Greens instead.

I'm not a fucking Green party member, RJ, i'm just trying my best to explain to you all that Green party votes are not Democrat votes, if you count them as such you're going to be disappointed every election.

I never said you were a member.

You're putting words in my mouth. I welcome brown candidates with open arms. I honestly have a general disdain for the white political class. The problem is having two minority candidates run on the same fucking platform, where one candidate doesnt have integrity. You're trying to transpose your beef with the Green party with my beef with Thanedar, when they aren't the same. I believe Thanedar purposefully played spoiler, where you think Green party candidates are just idiots

And you think Jill Stein didn't?

So much hand wringing over people who actually get out and participate in the democratic process. The reason the margins are so thin is that roughly half the electorate never even votes. Even with voter suppression efforts, the widespread failure to vote is more of a problem than third parties who might carve off 1% of a democrat's share.

So much hand wringing over people who actually get out and participate in the democratic process. The reason the margins are so thin is that roughly half the electorate never even votes. Even with voter suppression efforts, the widespread failure to vote is more of a problem than third parties who might carve off 1% of a democrat's share.

Souunds like you voted for Jill Stein and don't want to take any responsibility for you and your friends doing so and electing Trump and the GOP to control Congress.

Hillary had morons running her campaign that refused to do events in PA, MI, OH, WI but that does not absolve whining millennial Bernie Bros/Jill Stein voters like you and myDeaconmyhand.

Try to take credit for same-sex marriage again while you are it and conveniently forget that without years of boomers like RJ standing up, marching and voting for marriage equality and other gay rights, it wouldn't exist today.

Then why are you bemoaning what you call a"bullshit" progressive splitting votes with a "real" progressive in a democratic primary? You might as well complain that the establishment candidate was on the ballot.

Or do the practical dynamics of candidates on the same part of the political spectrum splitting votes, thereby sinking both of their chances, only matter to you when the progressive candidate gets fucked over?

If your position is that voters should pick their candidate based solely on values and principle, and that the practical considerations about electability don't matter, then at least be consistent.

And to the extent that you say this third michigan candidate was a fraud, 1) so is fucking jill stein, and 2) so what? it's up to voters to pick who they want, right? no matter how shitty or unelectable the candidate.

Last edited:
Souunds like you voted for Jill Stein and don't want to take any responsibility for you and your friends doing so and electing Trump and the GOP to control Congress.

Hillary had morons running her campaign that refused to do events in PA, MI, OH, WI but that does not absolve whining millennial Bernie Bros/Jill Stein voters like you and myDeaconmyhand.

Try to take credit for same-sex marriage again while you are it and conveniently forget that without years of boomers like RJ standing up, marching and voting for marriage equality and other gay rights, it wouldn't exist today.

Too much editing of the original. The truth is: "If the morons running Hillary's campaign can't win FL, they should never get a job with another campaign. Hell, they probably couldn't sell ice in the desert if they can win FL."

Then why are you bemoaning what you call a"bullshit" progressive splitting votes with a "real" progressive in a democratic primary? You might as well complain that the establishment candidate was on the ballot.

Or do the practical dynamics of candidates on the same part of the political spectrum splitting votes, thereby sinking both of their chances, only matter to you when the progressive candidate gets fucked over?

If your position is that voters should pick their candidate based solely on values and principle, and that the practical considerations about electability don't matter, then at least be consistent.

And to the extent that you say this third michigan candidate was a fraud, 1) so is fucking jill stein, and 2) so what? it's up to voters to pick who they want, right? no matter how shitty or unelectable the candidate.
Jill Stein has seemingly been running for different elections, and losing, for 20 years straight, so the notion that she was playing spoiler in 2016 is fucking stupid. What was she doing in 2012, dummy? You do realize there was a libertarian candidate running in 2016 who got twice the votes that Stein got? Also, not sure what Jill Stein has to do with this debate other than your ignorant ass cant keep up so you need to recycle old talking points.

Jill Stein has seemingly been running for different elections, and losing, for 20 years straight, so the notion that she was playing spoiler in 2016 is fucking stupid. What was she doing in 2012, dummy? You do realize there was a libertarian candidate running in 2016 who got twice the votes that Stein got? Also, not sure what Jill Stein has to do with this debate other than your ignorant ass cant keep up so you need to recycle old talking points.

Trying to play spoiler. She's clearly a nutjob and not a legitimate candidate.

no it isn't

it's just bad math

Back