• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

MHB, grow up. Your childish calling puts you comfortably as a Trumpite in waiting. Rather that discussing matters, you name call. Your litmus tests are very Trumpian.

MHB, grow up. Your childish calling puts you comfortably as a Trumpite in waiting. Rather that discussing matters, you name call. Your litmus tests are very Trumpian.

You are nonsensical and the one being childish.

In your world, disagreeing with you = childish and nonsensical.

There's a decent chance that the Vermont Democratic candidate for Governor will either be transgender, or 14 years old.

Hadn’t heard about the 14 year old. He seems like a good kid. I hope he stays interested in politics.

Completely agree. Homegrown progressive activism is the best kind. Lots of teachers, veterans, and other public servants are stepping up to the plate. It's inspiring to see.

For example, 2016 National Teacher of the Year Jahana Hayes is running for CT-5 (Dem Etsy is retiring after not firing a chief of staff accused of sexual abuse).

“I know how to fight hard to make sure we are improving the lives of people with better jobs, stronger schools, affordable health care, giving the care with expect from our neighbors. If Congress starts to look like us, no one can stop us.”

She won.

Minnesota Dems outvoted Pubs 556K to 301K in the gov primary despite both being highly contested races.

I live in CT5. There didn't seem to be a huge diff policy wise btw Hayes and Glassman, but I'm glad Hayes won -- seems less shapeshifty than Glassman who somehow won both the endorsement of Republican vehicle the Chamber of Commerce as well as the local chapter of Bernie group Our Revolution. With her background and the fact she's still in loads of debt from student loans she'll be way more in touch with what needs to be done than rich-ass Gla$$man.

I PROMISE I will vote for her in November against some Trump loving former mayor of shithole town Meriden

Hell yeah Jahana Hayes! Her win is especially great after how she got fucked out of the Dem endorsement. It'ss been a great night for the left.

Jahana Hayes is a delight and it is very cool that she is going to (hopefully) be a member of Congress.

Minnesota Dems outvoted Pubs 556K to 301K in the gov primary despite both being highly contested races.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...sults-wisconsin-minnesota-connecticut-vermont

:eek:

(I know I've said that turnout in primaries doesn't necessarily correlate to turnout in the general, but given the open primaries, the contested races on both sides, and the sheer volume of the difference... seems meaningful. Especially since there are multiple competitive congressional races in Minnesota.)

Back