• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

Do they have numbers on what percentage of late registrations actually vote?

Is that allowed? I briefly discussed that idea with someone, and they thought maybe you couldn't do it on public transit.

i can't imagine that it is a problem to hand out government-issued voter registration forms on a government-owned conveyance.

[h=1]'Mostly false:' Politifact vets 9 Rick Scott ads, finds all 9 are false[/h]
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/new...bill-nelson-scott-maxwell-20180928-story.html

If I told you there were lies in politics, it would probably shock you about as much as if I told you there’s water in the ocean.
This campaign season, however, we’re seeing something more extreme — falsehoods in nine of the nine Rick Scott ads vetted by the Pulitizer Prize-winning fact-checkers at Politifact.
Yes, nine out of nine.
It’s almost impressive, yet hardly surprising, as Scott has used lies to distract from his own record every step of his political career.

Another positive poll for Gillum, but that's not the big story.

The Florida Chamber of Commerce (who recently endorsed DeSantis) poll shows strong support for Andrew Gillum's corporate tax plan even among Republicans.

"One of the policy proposals DeSantis has hammered Gillum on – the latter’s plan to raise the corporate income tax from 5.5 percent to 7.75 percent to raised $1 billion in funding for public education – was supported by a supermajority of Florida voters.

Overall, two-thirds of voters approved of the plan and 28 percent were opposed. It was most popular among registered Democrats, who favored it by an 85-11 percent margin, while NPA’s were in favor 71-27 percent and a plurality of Republicans also gave it the green light, 48-44 percent."

Good down ballot results as well.

http://floridapolitics.com/archives...w-gillum-holds-6-point-lead-over-ron-desantis

The GOP lying to try to win an election? Say it ain’t so.

[h=1]'Mostly false:' Politifact vets 9 Rick Scott ads, finds all 9 are false[/h]
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/new...bill-nelson-scott-maxwell-20180928-story.html

If I told you there were lies in politics, it would probably shock you about as much as if I told you there’s water in the ocean.
This campaign season, however, we’re seeing something more extreme — falsehoods in nine of the nine Rick Scott ads vetted by the Pulitizer Prize-winning fact-checkers at Politifact.
Yes, nine out of nine.
It’s almost impressive, yet hardly surprising, as Scott has used lies to distract from his own record every step of his political career.

Politifact? Hahahahahahahaha

Democratic Subsidiary.

Politifact is run by the arch leftist rag The Tampa Bay Times

It is a leftwing media tool right down to the Orwellian name.

Lectro on his knees again , slurping up right wingnuts.

I assume they are looking at running in post-2018 elections.

Yeah. There are plenty of 2019 primaries coming up in the next 9 months or so. The filing deadline for city elections here is in less than 4 months.

Back