• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

I'm interested to see Beto's latest quarterly fundraising results given that he was bringing in stupid money before he went viral.

The DCCC is horrible.

DeSantis is set to Crush Gillum.

Currently up 54 to 46

It’s over

DeSantis is set to Crush Gillum.

Currently up 54 to 46

It’s over

FiveThirtyEight_Prediction-1024x212.png

Every poll has Gillum up and the lead keeps getting bigger.

The DCCC is horrible.

I think they (and many politicians) were slow to recognize the shift in the political landscape in 2016 and after. I doubt many expected so many candidates to be bringing in millions of $$s from small dollar donations.

Interestingly, Dana Balter is in Obama's next wave of endorsements:

The double lives of vulnerable House Republicans

Take Dave Brat. At a private fundraiser in early September, the Virginia Republican joked to a roomful of Republicans about how he mimics archconservative House Freedom Caucus founder Jim Jordan on Fox News when discussing the FBI’s Russia investigation. He then encouraged Sebastian Gorka, a controversial former adviser to President Donald Trump, to get involved in Brat's campaign to gin up the base, according to a recording of the private event obtained by POLITICO.

But in TV ads, Brat has touted his work on issues that transcend party lines. One of them features images of puppies playing with children, and a narrator touting the congressman's work “to stop a federal agency from conducting cruel medical research on dogs.”

The two sides of Brat, a member of the Freedom Caucus, highlight the dissonant strategies House Republicans are deploying in their struggle to keep the House. As national Republicans implore endangered members to localize their races and tout bipartisan victories, hard-liners are urging them to embrace the president to get Trump voters to the polls.

Amazing that they’re are sticking to Trump. The overwhelming evidence is that he won because mainstream Republicans and Hillary are very unpopular. That’s not the case for the Democrats running in the midterms.

I like Jim Jordan's argument that they lost in Pennsylvania because the candidate wasn't tied closely enough to Trump, and won in Ohio because Trump held a rally there.

(Trump held a rally in PA also.)

Kansas Democrat Sharice Davids outraises GOP’s Kevin Yoder with $2.7 million haul

I promise I won't do this for every announcement, but she had raised $345,000 total (and spent $217,000) as of 7/18.

From what I have seen (or really, not seen) here on the ground, the KS GOP is almost conceding that the greater KC area is going to go blue and Davids is going to push to victory. I've seen far more attack ads against Paul Davis in the 2nd District than anything against Davids, though Davis still seems to be polling pretty well for this late in the campaign.

RJKarl come get your boy Joe Manchin, because he sucks shit and he's fucking worthless. Any Dem that can't even vote against Kavenaugh isn't worth supporting - WV Dems just shouldn't even fucking vote in the senate election - make that fucking prick switch parties like he always threatens to do.

Last edited:
He didn’t hear a word she said. She should run against him in 6 years.

Back