• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

His words only mean what he says they do.

It's like calling money speech.

not to defend a douchebag but it is possible to protect the preexisting conditions without the ACA

I don't understand why McCaskill doesn't back Medicare for All. The Missouri legislature won't expand medicaid, so there is a huge coverage gap making the ACA unpopular in Missouri. By clinging to Obamacare support, McCaskill is in no-mans land fighting for a centrist state level market solution that doesnt work in her state.

Last edited:
MO is a crazy place. They oppose socialized medicine but will fight anyone who tries to take away their Medicare.

GOP candidate Watkins told voters he owned a company he built from scratch. He didn’t.

“I got out of the military, started a small business and grew it from three people to 470 people. So I know what it’s like to have to sweat it and work to make payroll, to not take any salary so you can make ends meet,” the Kansas Republican told a Miami County GOP 2nd District Candidate Forum in March.

That company, Watkins’ campaign told The Star, was VIAP Inc. — a wholly owned subsidiary of Versar Inc., a global project management firm based in the Washington, D.C., area.

But records and interviews with company officials show that company existed years before he was hired on as a consultant, a Kansas City Star investigation has found. And Versar’s chief executive officer at the time gives credit for building VIAP to another person.

He’s the dude who went around putting out feelers on being both a pub and a dem. Take a military guy, do some polling, throw Dads money around, develop political positions last.

Gillum up 54-45 in new Quinnipiac University Poll.

What stood out to me is 49% of Republicans saying race relations will get worse if Gillum is elected. That's basically saying, "I'm going to hate the blacks more if the blacks and the libruls elect a black."

Rubes won't care.

especially since they elected a president brandishing the same 'credentials'

Gillum up 54-45 in new Quinnipiac University Poll.

What stood out to me is 49% of Republicans saying race relations will get worse if Gillum is elected. That's basically saying, "I'm going to hate the blacks more if the blacks and the libruls elect a black."

Rubes won't care.

They're just drawing off their experience from when Obama was president.

DeSantis hires Pat Summerall's daughter to save his campaign.
https://www.tampabay.com/florida-po...usie-wiles-to-take-over-floundering-campaign/

TALLAHASSEE — Trailing in the polls and with a sense of impending doom setting in among his supporters, Republican Ron DeSantis abruptly hired a new chairman of his struggling campaign for governor Wednesday.

DeSantis chose Susie Wiles, a lobbyist and seasoned Republican strategist who ran Donald Trump's successful 2016 Florida effort and was a key adviser in Rick Scott's first of two successful races for governor.

[h=1]Adam C. Smith: Ron DeSantis’ wobbly campaign is running out of time to show he’s ready for big leagues[/h] The Republican gubernatorial nominee is struggling to gain traction in the general election
https://www.tampabay.com/florida-po...ut-of-time-to-show-hes-ready-for-big-leagues/

One businessman lamented that traffic jams have become a big problem in Tampa Bay and asked what DeSantis plans to do about it.
"We'll be rolling out a transportation policy soon," said the Republican nominee for governor.
Mail voting is days away and DeSantis has been running or gearing up to run for governor for more than a year. Still, the former congressman isn't ready to talk about his transportation plans.
Actually, it's not at all clear whether DeSantis is ready to mount a strong general election campaign.
He walloped Adam Putnam in the Republican primary by phoning it in. The Yale and Harvard Law Tea Partier barely campaigned in Florida. He talked more about illegal immigration and Israel than gubernatorial issues, but Donald Trump's embrace and Republican antipathy toward career politicians proved more than enough to capture the nomination.
A month after winning the nomination, the DeSantis campaign looks strikingly wobbly compared to the juggernaut Republican gubernatorial campaigns we've seen from Jeb Bush, Charlie Crist and Rick Scott.
No significant crowds like Gillum draws. Grumbles from local Republican leaders about DeSantis coming to town and holding private meetings. Clumsy falsehoods like claiming Gillum would do the virtually impossible and enact a state income tax.
DeSantis has never fully recovered from his "monkey this up" comment about the African-American Gillum the day after winning the Republican nomination. Without a compelling message beyond warning people how bad Gillum would be for Florida, he has been on the defensive over the racists or extremists that keep popping up around him. He blames the media for unfair coverage, but the sheer number of fringe activists associated directly or indirectly with this nominee is unprecedented in modern Florida politics.

I thought these comments on the article was interesting.
--Why doesn’t my Republican Party send out notices where Ron DeSantis is going to be so that his local loyal fans can support him.
--Scott doesn't send out notices either. You know why? Because they would get flooded with complaints and DeSantis would probably have his Klukkers show up ... reveal them both for the money sucking parasites they are.
--We conservatives have a hard time admitting that unless Scott and DeSantis can control who the crowd is, they're afraid to venture out. Scott needed to leave a donut shop because he was afraid of questions, amirite Bobby?

I hadn't really thought about how the right and the left are making it tough for Scott and DeSantis to campaign in a general election.

Just had a dude on my bus go up and down the aisles with voter registration forms. Only one guy yelled "I love Trump!"

Just had a dude on my bus go up and down the aisles with voter registration forms. Only one guy yelled "I love Trump!"

Is that allowed? I briefly discussed that idea with someone, and they thought maybe you couldn't do it on public transit.

Is that allowed? I briefly discussed that idea with someone, and they thought maybe you couldn't do it on public transit.

It could depend on the state. Each state has their own laws about voter registration.

Democrats are Busting Their 2016 Mobile Canvassing Records

Amanda Coulombe, NGP VAN's general manager for organizing, decided to dig into the numbers and found some eye-popping results. Already this year, 218,189 people have logged onto the app. That's far more than the 153,513 who logged on during all of 2016, and there are still more than six weeks to go before Election Day. MiniVAN set a new single-day record on Saturday, September 15, with 18,421 people logging on across the country. The previous record---16,496 users in a single day---was set on November 5, 2016, the last Saturday before the presidential election when campaigns typically do their biggest push.

Back