• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

The Republican party's hold on North Carolina politics was severely lessened last night.

Another reason to be happy about Election Day.

I mean it's going to be a long grind reestablishing the Democratic base at the state and local level governorships Etc. Last night was a good start

Yeah. Especially in the South. It sucks that some promising people lost but plenty of promising people won as well. I just hope the House Dems don’t wilt under Pelosi and can pass some legislation on guns and health care and immigration reform that makes their goals clear for 2020.

Ugh. The light blue in FL doesn’t feel any better.

Even without Florida, Dems would have still won Ph.

After everything is said and done from the midterms I am almost positive that the Dems will run Uncle Joe for a one term gig (Beto as running mate?) and he will run on trying to bring unity to the country and healthcare for all.

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

Yeah. But I’m saying that all the House districts added up blue yet Gillum and Nelson barely fell short. It’s very disappointing that somehow House elections outperformed the governor and senate races. That doesn’t seem to make sense.

Well the Pubs efforts to suppress voting can do that even if they barely work. 1 percent would cover that.

Even without Florida, Dems would have still won Ph.

After everything is said and done from the midterms I am almost positive that the Dems will run Uncle Joe for a one term gig (Beto as running mate?) and he will run on trying to bring unity to the country and healthcare for all.

Assuming Beto intends to remain involved in politics, which I assume he does - I'll be very dissapointed if he's not on the ticket in 2020.

i am not at all sure that it is a good idea to run a failed senate candidate with a very thin resume for president. yeah I know Abe Lincoln pulled it off but that's pretty much the exception that proves the rule. VP maybe.

i am not at all sure that it is a good idea to run a failed senate candidate with a very thin resume for president. yeah I know Abe Lincoln pulled it off but that's pretty much the exception that proves the rule. VP maybe.

has anyone 'shopped a tophat and beard on Beto, just to check into it?

A candidate who barely lost in TX and built a national fundraising coalition is well-equipped to run and win in 2020.

A candidate who barely lost in TX and built a national fundraising coalition is well-equipped to run and win in 2020.

Is he well-equipped to actually be President? Or is the strategy just try to win and figure it out afterwards?

But I live in Alabama and there is no hope for my state. Amendments to recognize that life begins at conception and to allow the display of the 10 commandments overwhelmingly passed.

And once again displaying the ten commandments should be overturned in federal court. Sadly, we have a radically conservative Supreme Court now.

I think if that is how you want to describe him, sure, sounds great. But he is still a former Representative with only 4 years experience. When considering him against even a junior Senator such as Kamala Harris, it's tough to justify why he should be the nominee over her, let alone someone like Joe Biden. Beto would be a fantastic pick as a Vice President for the reasons that you listed, I just don't think that he is the most qualified nominee for Democrats to run, no matter how attractive the idea of him (or just he in general) is.

I think if that is how you want to describe him, sure, sounds great. But he is still a former Representative with only 4 years experience. When considering him against even a junior Senator such as Kamala Harris, it's tough to justify why he should be the nominee over her, let alone someone like Joe Biden. Beto would be a fantastic pick as a Vice President for the reasons that you listed, I just don't think that he is the most qualified nominee for Democrats to run, no matter how attractive the idea of him (or just he in general) is.

Harris was also AG of the biggest state in the union.

Is he well-equipped to actually be President? Or is the strategy just try to win and figure it out afterwards?

Is this a serious post?

Is this a serious post?

Yes. Just because the Republicans ran out a reality TV star and it worked, does that mean you have to stoop to running less qualified candidates? If that's the only way to win, so be it, but I'm not sure if it is.

There are no qualifications for being President, other than what is prescribed by the Constitution. There should be, but as a society we have decided we don't want them.

I wouldn't be particularly happy with O'Rourke running for President, as I think he is a lightweight getting by on personality instead of actual ability. But I would damn sure vote for him over the current President.

if Beto can't even beat ted fucking cruz I have a hard time believing he can beat Trump

Didn't Beto pretty clearly state he wouldn't be running in 2020? I know things can change, but it seemed pretty definitive.

Back