• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

why a secret? just straight up tell the person their vote value is .50 or .6 or .25 or .90 when finished.

None of this will ever happen -- can we agree to focus on potentially solvable issues like doing away with gerrymandering and getting rid of the asinine electoral college?

It's scary that you all are even having a conversation about secretly not counting votes.

I do not agree with the concept of an epistocracy because I think we should work to improve democracy (by first actually instituting democracy in America). But, in the theoretical realm, you can't really argue that it there is logic behind only allowing those who are informed and understand the issues to vote.

I do not agree with the concept of an epistocracy because I think we should work to improve democracy (by first actually instituting democracy in America). But, in the theoretical realm, you can't really argue that it there is logic behind only allowing those who are informed and understand the issues to vote.

I think it's a horrible idea even theoretically for multiple reasons.

why a secret? just straight up tell the person their vote value is .50 or .6 or .25 or .90 when finished.

What's so wrong with a person counting as a fraction? We have the greatest Constitution on the planet, and it counts some folks as fractions.:couch:

Me: let’s institute more democracy
Also me: fuck all those people that voted third party

Me: let’s institute more democracy
Also me: fuck all those people that voted third party

There's a difference between making the process fair, and people being idiots by using the process in a way that is against their purported interests. But no need to get into that again because you are malfunctioning.

There's a difference between making the process fair, and people being idiots by using the process in a way that is against their purported interests. But no need to get into that again because you are malfunctioning.

You suck so much. What gives you the right to define for someone else what their purported interests are and shame them for their choice? You just said we should focus on making the process more democratic. Both major parties suppress attempts to democratize institutions. It doesn't make any sense to me to shame the 3rd party voter, when they are not the ones actively perpetuating this flawed anti-democratic process.

we have the same right as they do to make said vote. people get criticized for their decisions every day

your feeling that idea of pure democracy where everyone's views are equally valid is great than the reality, where people vote the way they do for any number of reasons, spite included.

You suck so much. What gives you the right to define for someone else what their purported interests are and shame them for their choice? You just said we should focus on making the process more democratic. Both major parties suppress attempts to democratize institutions. It doesn't make any sense to me to shame the 3rd party voter, when they are not the ones actively perpetuating this flawed anti-democratic process.

One thing has nothing to do with the other -- sorry to trigger your addled brain again.

your feeling that idea of pure democracy where everyone's views are equally valid is great than the reality, where people vote the way they do for any number of reasons, spite included.

did RJ write this? wut?

Can we get back to talking about folks as fractions? It's more fun than the semi-weekly back and forth with MHB and MDMH about their right to nader.

You bitch about people being mean or wrong about you, yet you insult me when I'm not even part of your discussion.

What a classless and cowardly act!

I'm sorry that I insulted you by pointing out that you frequently leave words out of sentences, making them illegible. How cowardly of me.

Back