• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

You bitch about people being mean or wrong about you, yet you insult me when I'm not even part of your discussion.

What a classless and cowardly act!

MHB is just fumbling around -- he has no idea what he wants or how to get there. He's searching for himself, as they say. He'll get there someday.

I mean if you think Obama was a Muslim and believe in Q it’s only fair you are labeled .01 of a person.

MHB is just fumbling around -- he has no idea what he wants or how to get there. He's searching for himself, as they say. He'll get there someday.

Well I have the good sense to know that the Democratic Party is not interested in being an opposition party to Trump and fighting fascism. If I'm searching for answers that the Democratic Party can't answer, is that discouraged?

It says a lot about centrist liberalism, that yall would rather pal around with the Steve Schmidts and David Frums and the rest of the shitbag never trumpers than to embrace any kind of progressive agenda.

It says a lot about centrist liberalism, that yall would rather pal around with the Steve Schmidts and David Frums and the rest of the shitbag never trumpers than to embrace any kind of progressive agenda.

That's a gross over-generalization

ss10002-06.jpg

That's a gross over-generalization

Is it? We have McCaskill saying she's not one of those "crazy democrats." Democrats win back the house, and Pelosi says we are going to focus on the "bipartisan marketplace of ideas." Hickenlooper on TV with Kasich praising Exxon and Walmart for socially conscious business practices. Booker supporting anti-BDS legislation. On and on and on.

The problem with this is Shoo, El and I have posted dozens of times each that we AGREE with about 80% or more of your positions. You'd rather push people away who are on your side than create a united front.

This is very Trumpian.

RE: Dismissing Ballots on signature basis- If poll people are allowed to do this, it should be the law that they try to contact those who were denied by phone, text and email. At the same time, it should be a matter of law to have a website and other publications listing all those who have been denied. It should be easily searchable.

Without these safeguards, races can be fixed.

The problem with this is Shoo, El and I have posted dozens of times each that we AGREE with about 80% or more of your positions. You'd rather push people away who are on your side than create a united front.

This is very Trumpian.

It's funny how you make up "80% or more" and then disagree with everything I say. You actually don't agree with my positions and are not on my side.

It's funny how you make up "80% or more" and then disagree with everything I say. You actually don't agree with my positions and are not on my side.

BS -- the only time we call you out is on your boneheadness regarding not voting for dems who agree with you on 80% of your issues (yes, other than the McCaskills of the world, we know). When was the last time you were called out for one of your actual political positions?

No, I don't agree with your methods and childish bullying tactics.

I do agree with raising the minimum wage and have since the beginnings of Wake boards in the early 90s.

I do agree with Medicare for All/universal healthcare and have since the beginnings of the Wake boards.

I do agree with prison reform and have for as long as it has been an issue.

I agree with you on unions, have been in multiple unions and have supported them since before you were born.

I agree with you on campaign finance reform and have since the 70s.

I agree with you on full rights for the LGBTQ community and have posted as such for decades.

I have thought we need to make voting easier.

I have acted and fought for civil rights since before you were born.

I'm sure there are other issues, but those are the big ones. The main difference between us is I try to find commonality with people to grow the movement. You have posted over and over and over again that if people don't genuflect to your positions 100% of the time and exactly how you want them to act, they aren't welcome and can go fuck themselves.

EDIT- It would be more accurate to say you agree with me than vice versa given that I have had and acted on these positions for far longer than you have.

Last edited:
you're just engaging in the same "feeings >= facts" fantasy that conservatives do
Its a fact that the Green Party is not the Democratic Party, yet for some stupid fuckin reason you believe that every Democratic candidate is entitled to Green party votes.

BS -- the only time we call you out is on your boneheadness regarding not voting for dems who agree with you on 80% of your issues (yes, other than the McCaskills of the world, we know). When was the last time you were called out for one of your actual political positions?

I was responding there specifically to RJ. I voted for Sharice Davids and Laura Kelly. Does that do anything to calm your desire to troll me all the time? But I know friends and family that did not vote for McCaskill. My point is that McCaskill didn't lose by 145k votes because of the Green Party. And when the party makes a deliberate choice to run on a shitty centrist platform to curry favor with conservatives, it can't just expect that support from progressives and then say "fuck all you people" while McCaskill is running around supporting the President's fascist border agenda.

As usual, when confronted with facts, MHB hides.

He said:

"Originally Posted by MHBDemon View Post
It's funny how you make up "80% or more" and then disagree with everything I say. You actually don't agree with my positions and are not on my side."

I emphatically showed that he and I are in agreement on many things...and once again he won't reply to this.

No, I don't agree with your methods and childish bullying tactics.

I do agree with raising the minimum wage and have since the beginnings of Wake boards in the early 90s.

I do agree with Medicare for All/universal healthcare and have since the beginnings of the Wake boards.

I do agree with prison reform and have for as long as it has been an issue.

I agree with you on unions, have been in multiple unions and have supported them since before you were born.

I agree with you on campaign finance reform and have since the 70s.

I agree with you on full rights for the LGBTQ community and have posted as such for decades.

I have thought we need to make voting easier.

I have acted and fought for civil rights since before you were born.

I'm sure there are other issues, but those are the big ones. The main difference between us is I try to find commonality with people to grow the movement. You have posted over and over and over again that if people don't genuflect to your positions 100% of the time and exactly how you want them to act, they aren't welcome and can go fuck themselves.

EDIT- It would be more accurate to say you agree with me than vice versa given that I have had and acted on these positions for far longer than you have.

You are conflating outcomes with how we get there.

Prisons would be a good example. I'm a prison abolitionist. You have told me before that you think I'm crazy. So therefore, we don't agree. "I do agree with prison reform" is not policy. How do you plan to reduce our prison population by 80%?

I stated my positions on medicare for all. Those include healthcare being FREE at point of service and covering everyone under one plan. No copays, no fees, etc. Free mental health, free access to reproductive health. As I recall, you disagreed.
I believe in the liberation of all LGBTQ people, but I don't think that is possible under capitalism, so we don't agree on how we get there.

Everything else in your post, "make voting easier," support for generic "civil rights", is just substance-less stuff that most everyone would agree on.

As usual, when confronted with facts, MHB hides.

He said:

"Originally Posted by MHBDemon View Post
It's funny how you make up "80% or more" and then disagree with everything I say. You actually don't agree with my positions and are not on my side."

I emphatically showed that he and I are in agreement on many things...and once again he won't reply to this.

lol, go off king. You didn't confront me with any facts. You stated a bunch of very general positions/outcomes, void of any policy, that most everyone here should agree with.

Back