• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

Correcting my previous posts, Governor Bently resigned after pleading to Misdemeanor charges and avoided jail time, this came after he appoint Strange to the Senate.

I love how often we see politicians on both sides make key nominations or legislation, then are found to be corrupt, criminal, or both. Inspiring.

Does the opening predict a wave?

gs_20170721_6m-house-challengers_2003-20172.png

The number of challengers at six months is truly remarkable. And the candidates are not simply bunching up in a few primaries. Yes, there is some doubling up: six Democrats have filed so far against John Faso in New York’s 19th congressional district. But there is also a good spread. So far, 105 different Republican incumbents have Democratic challengers with $5,000. At this same time in 2009, only 50 of the Democratic incumbents were up against challengers with $5,000.

But winning the first inning is not the same as winning the ninth. For one thing, we have not looked at the challengers’ political backgrounds. For another, the campaign finance world after Citizens United is unpredictable. As of June 30, the number of Democratic challengers was up but their average receipts were down. Even so, the big campaign finance story for 2018 will not be foreseen through the candidates’ early receipts. One year from now, potential donors will have a better idea of which challengers look strong, which incumbents look vulnerable, and which open seat contests may be susceptible to a party switch. Democrats will have one strong financial advantage on their side. Millions of donors gave to Bernie Sanders (and other candidates) through ActBlue and other Internet-based intermediaries. These same donors will be drawn back to the same platforms and new ones. With the donors’ attention focused on control of the Congress, many of them will give, and give again.

That was July 13. He probably ended up voting for Trump.

Trump and Pence camps at odds over best choice for U.S. Senate: Messer or Rokita?

On Thursday, Rex Early, the Trump Indiana State Chairman, and Tony Samuel, the vice chairman, joined the fight, sending a letter suggesting support for Rep. Todd Rokita.

“Of the members of Indiana’s congressional delegation, Todd Rokita is the only one that actively and specifically campaigned for candidate Trump – never wavering and never jumping on and off the Trump Train,” the two said in the letter.

"I can say I know and like both Rex and Tony. While, I respect them, there are some inconsistencies in this statement. In fact, Congressman Rokita endorsed Senator Rubio (for president)," said Greg Pence, who is also the chair of Messer's finance committee.

He needs to chill the fuck out and wait on it.

Does the ballot come with aka because if not the name recognition of Robert Ritchie is less than zero

Hopefully this guy takes out Kid Rock.

Sheryl Crow is still so hot.

Back