• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

Because I think he was born in the US

Why? Why do you think he's born in the US, but most Republicans don't?

MDMH, everybody talks about doing deals before getting into office.

"doing deals", right. Thats some real knee jerk defensiveness on your part. He's already walking back his campaign promise to expand medicaid. "Doing deals"! God damn y'all elect trash politicians. You know that dude was being recruited by the republican party, right? That he voted for W Bush, twice? Remember this tweet for posterity when Northam supports some means testing, privitization shit and you have to twist yourself in knots to defend it.

"doing deals", right. Thats some real knee jerk defensiveness on your part. He's already walking back his campaign promise to expand medicaid. "Doing deals"! God damn y'all elect trash politicians. You know that dude was being recruited by the republican party, right? That he voted for W Bush, twice? Remember this tweet for posterity when Northam supports some means testing, privitization shit and you have to twist yourself in knots to defend it.

Yes, but what was the alternative?

And you elect no one. Congrats. Way to change the system.

That was the mindset of the 2000 election. Al Gore and George W Bush are the same guy, vote Nader.

That was the mindset of the 2000 election. Al Gore and George W Bush are the same guy, vote Nader.
Dude, there are 3rd party candidates in every election, the Dems have to win those voters every election. Thats the job - to nominate someone who will win.

And you elect no one. Congrats. Way to change the system.
Only one of us is pretending to be powerless. I support candidates that I believe will be progressive and honest. When my preferred candidates aren't, I criticize them for it. You, on the other hand, either know your candidates aren't progressive or honest, or you don't really care as long as they win and have a D by their name.

Only one of us is pretending to be powerless. I support candidates that I believe will be progressive and honest. When my preferred candidates aren't, I criticize them for it. You, on the other hand, either know your candidates aren't progressive or honest, or you don't really care as long as they win and have a D by their name.

MDMH has more Moral Victory medals than any other poster - just ask him !

I mean, this kind of thing is ok when done strategically in a presidential or congressional election when your state or district are bound to lose. I voted for Nader in North Carolina which Bush won by 12 points in 2000. I don’t regret that vote. But in Missouri in 2004 I went door to door for John fucking Kerry. When you’re faced with a choice between someone like boring middle of the road Democrat, Doug Jones, and Roy Moore, are you really going to take a stand and write in a true Progressive?

If nothing else supports my point, I brought up a specific criticism of Ralph Northam, Virginia Governor, and rather than actually talk about him or the issue, you Democrats decided to deflect by immedietely bringing up third party presidential candidates, as if that is relevant to Northam in any way.

Sure, I was an avid Kicinich supporter in the 2004 and 2008 primaries. But he lost and so I moved on to supporting the next best thing in the general elections.
I mean, ok, what does that have to do with Ralph Northam's campaign promises?

lol, love it when Dems pre-compromise. #resistance
23cb9125179f5105d0ae5a8416ba7bde.jpg

He's right, though. The extreme partisanship we currently have is directly responsible for some of the worst governing in recent memory. Even though elected officials are only elected by a subset of the population, they are supposed to represent everyone, not just the people that voted for them.

MDMH has more Moral Victory medals than any other poster - just ask him !
I feel so sad for you "pragmatic" moderates having to be the responsible ones to nominate all these sensible compromise candidates. Thank you for making all us bernie bro hippies eat our vegetables with your corporate conservative candidates. If it werent for your good sense there might be a mad man in the white house and Republicans would control the country.

I feel so sad for you "pragmatic" moderates having to be the responsible ones to nominate all these sensible compromise candidates. Thank you for making all us bernie bro hippies eat our vegetables with your corporate conservative candidates. If it werent for your good sense there might be a mad man in the white house and Republicans would control the country.

men like you elect men like Donald Trump

If you want the sports version of this argument go to the Manning credibility tread for the musings of dr.

He's right, though. The extreme partisanship we currently have is directly responsible for some of the worst governing in recent memory. Even though elected officials are only elected by a subset of the population, they are supposed to represent everyone, not just the people that voted for them.
He's not right, at all. You think handicapped people being thrown out of senate offices to save their own healthcare are TOO partisan? Politics are partisan. Republicans will basically do anything and say anything to stay in power, and you believe the problem is that we dont compromise with them?

Back