• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'19 Special & '20 Congressional Election Thread

It’s good to see people are realizing this. McGrath is bland and generic and already lost a winnable election.

for y'all who are interested in following the next generation of congressional superstars, i would recommend checking out NY state congress's no-IDC caucus.

Alessandra Biaggi (D34)
Robert Jackson (D31)
John Liu (D11)
Rachel May (D53)
Zellnor Myrie (D20)
Jessica Ramos (D13)

Biaggi, Myrie, and Ramos have the most potential out of that group, as they are very talented politicians with excellent ground game, constituent support, and policy imagination.

Uh I think I’ll listen to Lis Smith when it comes to NY politics thank you very much

Bernie and AOC endorsed Charles Booker (KY), Jamaal Bowman(NY), and Cori Bush(MO). I hope he stirs shit up until the day he dies. He was 2nd in the primaries, but he's the first in my ❤

Let's check in on McGrath and Booker in the Kentucky primary

Booker got an endorsement from KSR host and former possible candidate Matt Jones as well.
https://www.lex18.com/news/state-of...lds-momentum-gets-endorsement-from-matt-jones

Booker is clearly a better candidate. I've been admonishing people in progressive groups who think McGrath is the only candidate who could potentially face McConnell. Honestly, donating in a primary like that is just a bad move. Save the cash to go against Mitch.

I do hope that both candidates emerge strong out of this because if one of them manages to pull off the upset, the other can take out Rand in 2022.

Last edited:
Booker is clearly a better candidate. I've been admonishing people in progressive groups who think McGrath is the only candidate who could potentially face McConnell. Honestly, donating in a primary like that is just a bad move. Save the cash to go against Mitch.

I do hope that both candidates emerge strong out of this because if one of them manages to pull off the upset, the other can take out Rand in 2022.

It’s like y’all don’t know anything about Kentucky. Calipari could run as a Dem and still not win.

It’s like y’all don’t know anything about Kentucky. Calipari could run as a Dem and still not win.

They literally just elected a Dem governor who is actually popular.

But sure, KY should cancel elections.

The Lincoln Project vs. Joni Ernst.

Booker might be a better candidate then McGrath... But this is Kentucky. She doesn't have much of a chance of winning... He will get destroyed.

They literally just elected a Dem governor who is actually popular.

But sure, KY should cancel elections.

They elected a dem, barely, against one of the most unpopular governors in the country.

I’ll put $100 on Moscow Mitch -3 points.

They elected a dem, barely, against one of the most unpopular governors in the country.

I’ll put $100 on Moscow Mitch -3 points.

Rut Ro
20538.jpeg

[h=2]McConnell Under Water on Approval in Kentucky[/h]
https://www.publicpolicypolling.com/polls/mcconnell-under-water-on-approval-in-kentucky/

PPP’s newest Kentucky poll finds that Mitch McConnell continues to be unpopular in the state, with only 41% of voters approving of the job he’s doing to 48% who disapprove. Only 69% of Republicans approve of the job he’s doing, and independents split against him 30/53.
McConnell only has a 47-44 lead against a generic Democratic opponent. By contrast Donald Trump has a 16 point lead over Joe Biden in the state, 55/39.

Back