• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'19 Special & '20 Congressional Election Thread

The only reason McGrath is considered more electable is because she raised a bunch of money because she's taking on Mitch McConnell. If Booker pulls an upset, he'll get a bunch of money flowing to him.

I guess unless someone just wants to argue that Booker isn't electable because he's Black.

Booker isn't electable because he's way more Progressive than Kentucky Democrats and won't attract any of the middle-of-the-road voters. Doesn't much matter because based on that poll he's going to have a huge uphill battle even getting past McGrath

I've never heard of this. Can you elaborate?

It's kind of like a bird that's not extinct, but it's rare to the point that if a birdwatcher says he saw one other birdwatchers immediately call BS until he produces some proof.

The crosstabs of that KY poll are interesting. 91% of people who have a favorable opinion of Trump but not Biden plan to vote for McConnell, but only 75% of them have a favorable opinion of him.

Huge difference between Booker and McGrath in favorable/unfavorable/unsure among Democrats:

McGrath: 47/27/22
Booker: 74/4/22

And Republicans aren't against Booker yet:
McGrath: 7/83/10
Booker: 8/47/46

It's kind of like a bird that's not extinct, but it's rare to the point that if a birdwatcher says he saw one other birdwatchers immediately call BS until he produces some proof.

photo_allen1935_crop.jpg

my hunch is that electability increases with age and decreases with melanin levels

ChrisL, can you please confirm?

Wait till Townie calls some people while they're eating dinner tonight. That ought to move the needle.

Wait till Townie calls some people while they're eating dinner tonight. That ought to move the needle.

i know you still haven't hit your Gen X internet 1.0 sarcasm quota for the week, but i've registered 350 people this month to vote in kentucky

move your needle dick onto a new slant

Hey, I want Mitch to lose too, but he won his last election by 15.5 points (222,000 votes) and he wasn't even running on Trump's coattails.

Hey, I want Mitch to lose too, but he won his last election by 15.5 points (222,000 votes) and he wasn't even running on Trump's coattails.

This is totally in line with Biff's shtick. If something's hard to do, why bother doing it? That's why he glorifies Georgia football and shits on Wake football.

At least Wake football has a legitimate chance of winning.

Back