• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2.3 MILLION DOLLAR A YEAR COACH GETS SCHOOLED BY DUKE

OldGoldandGrobe

Reaction score
Suck on that Grobian scum!

Now let me ask you again, you mediocrity-addicted, self-loathing, "THIS IS AS GOOD AS WE CAN GET" losers: DO YOU STILL SUPPORT PAYING 2.3 MILLION A YEAR FOR THIS PRODUCT???

I don't spend a ton of time on the sports board these days, so can someone please explain this poster to me? She's not a parody? Literally every single post she's ever made is an attack on Grobe and his salary. I don't understand. Explain please. Gracias.

Are you saying that it is a requirement to pay 2.3 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR for .500 ball? Wellman must have given you one of his patented Jerkins slathered hand jobs too!

Enjoy your moment of.vindication,. Maybe you should go.roll the Quad.

I don't spend a ton of time on the sports board these days, so can someone please explain this poster to me? She's not a parody? Literally every single post she's ever made is an attack on Grobe and his salary. I don't understand. Explain please. Gracias.

Pretty sure she's just an expert in the art of trolling, and people keep falling for it.

Would prefer we just take out the trash. There are lots of insightful posts that criticize Grobe and the state of our football program but this poster has yet to have one.

If she is a State fan troll, you have to admire the dedication of watching our entire football game and then posting nonstop for the next 3 hours about it. I mean, it's probably symptomatic of a mental illness, but still.

If she is a legit poster, where did she come from? You can't tell me a lady as fucknuts as this one just suddenly found this board and decided to post 10,000 times about Grobe's salary. Assuming it's not a troll or moonzzz's saddest parody yet, she must be a poster who has been around a while under a different name.

Finally, the name thing does suck because OldGoldBeard is a top-5 poster, so I see the "OldGold" part and instinctively start reading, then I see the reference to $2.3m and realize I have been duped.

I am pretty sure that by the end of this season, you guys a) will be totally on board with me and b) will create rationalizations to deny that FACT. "But OGaB thinks he is paid too highly, whereas I think he is a pathetic coach at any salary!"

I'm not sure OG&B understands the market for what Head Coaches are paid to be a division 1 head football coach.

i like how incredulous og&b is about why people don't seem to like her posting style. maybe it's because she insinuates that everyone who disagrees with her is obviously mentally retarded.

I'm not sure OG&B understands the market for what Head Coaches are paid to be a division 1 head football coach.

I understand the we pay the 25th highest salary in the country for results somewhere in in the bottom 90th percentile. Thems the facts.

i've got an idea.

JimGrobe1.jpg

What does Duke pay their coach? $1.7, $1.8 million.

And if they have any kind of success, they will have to pay more as well.

Nobody is happy about losing to Duke, but your crusade at this point is ridiculous. And do you honestly think you will be vindicated if Grobe is forced out at some point due to performance issues? People will still think you are an idiot.

Last edited:
Would prefer we just take out the trash. There are lots of insightful posts that criticize Grobe and the state of our football program but this poster has yet to have one.

This.

Nobody is happy about losing to Duke, but your crusade at this point is ridiculous. And do you honestly think you will be vindicated if Grobe is forced out at some point due to performance issues? People will still think you are an idiot.

/thread

I like your thinking. Let Duke have one good season, go to a bowl and force them to pay Cut a significant amount more. Bleed those bastards dry slowly. I like it.

The obvious never seems terribly insightful. What's obvious here is that Grobie got a lifetime gravy train for one good season.

The problem with Wake Forest fans is that the rich brats who make noise on the internet were brought up to appreciate soccer, field hockey, and lacrosse, more than our revenue generating sports. Thus, they do not clearly see problems in our football program.

Back