• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#2 UVA @ Wake, 7:00 PM | Game Thread | GO DEACS!!

Mitoglou is a dangerous player. the first game proved that.

Yeah. But limited on defense. The first game proved that too. You want him coming off the bench playing 15-20 minutes as a hot shooter with favorable assignments.

Yeah. But limited on __________. You want him coming off the bench playing 15-20 minutes as a ______________ with favorable assignments.

This quote now describes just about our entire roster. Honestly the only one I'm waffling on is Devin.
*not taking the ones who have lost basically all PT into account.

THere is a suggestion for you: Try thinking things thru before posting a knee-jerk reply that makes you look like a stupid shit.

Agreed! Model yourself after the great Bobby Nite, a man known for his lack of knee-jerk reactions!!

Devin would have been a nice starter on the post-Duncan Odom teams. He would have been a nice bridge between Duncan and Big E in the post. He and Songaila would have mangled the hell out of teams. Devin would have give Songaila a nice high-low partner and taken some of the defensive responsibilities that got Songaila in foul trouble. Probably would have been a nice PF to pair with Duncan, too.

He's a rebounder and 4th or 5th option. 3rd option maybe on a team with two great guards.

Yeah, I wonder if mebane changes his mind if Brogdon changes his mind and goes pro, especially considering he'll prolly already have his degree because of his medical redshirt.

There are a handful of kids who you can predict will go pro after a year - kids like Okafor and some of the UK kids. But after that you never know who is going to blow up and who is going to mature slower. You just try to recruit the most talented kids you can.

When Brogdon was red-shirting, he changed his major and also entered a masters program (leadership of some sort). He'll get his B.A. this May, and his graduate degree next spring, as I understand things. He has indicated that he will be back next season to complete the program. At this point, I don't think there is any reason to doubt this, but you never know. I imagine Anderson's decision will be based on where he projects to go in the draft, and I have no idea where that might be. I suppose that will depend on how he plays in the tournament. NBA GM's sometimes seem a bit too easily impressed by such things.

Last edited:
When Brogdon was red-shirting, he changed his major and also entered a masters program (leadership of some sort). He'll get his B.A. this May, and his graduate degree next spring, as I understand things. He has indicated that he will be back next season to complete the program. At this point, I don't think there is any reason to doubt this, but you never know. I imagine Anderson's decision will be based on where he projects to go in the draft, and I have no idea where that might be. I suppose that will depend on how he plays in the tournament. NBA GM's sometimes seem a bit to easily impressed by such things.

I don't know if he's ready yet, though that really doesn't matter. This layoff can't do anything to help him, however, in terms of turning pro. The other issue I've noticed with him is he wasn't shooting it as well right before the injury as he had been earlier in the year - maybe his stroke wasn't as compact? So the questions are how many games does he get to play in the tourney, and what's his stroke like when he comes back? I hope he comes back next year.

That post was a direct reply to Deac83...so evidently, he did.

Here is a suggestion for you: Try thinking things thru before posting a knee-jerk reply that makes you look like a stupid shit.

Same for you when you try to compare [Redacted] to anything other than a potted plant.

Yeah, I wonder if mebane changes his mind if Brogdon changes his mind and goes pro, especially considering he'll prolly already have his degree because of his medical redshirt.

There are a handful of kids who you can predict will go pro after a year - kids like Okafor and some of the UK kids. But after that you never know who is going to blow up and who is going to mature slower. You just try to recruit the most talented kids you can.
He's 22 already and his stock is as high as it'll go. Both of those guys still seriously test the draft waters this spring.

Yylk
Devin would have been a nice starter on the post-Duncan Odom teams. He would have been a nice bridge between Duncan and Big E in the post. He and Songaila would have mangled the hell out of teams. Devin would have give Songaila a nice high-low partner and taken some of the defensive responsibilities that got Songaila in foul trouble. Probably would have been a nice PF to pair with Duncan, too.

He's a rebounder and 4th or 5th option. 3rd option maybe on a team with two great guards.
Agree Odom would have loved his rebounding and toughness . Defense - not so much
l

Good questions. Trotting out walkons over Washington and Green?n interesting

Washington was sick all week with the FLU. Stan and Dinger were talking about that. Mitch has been sick for a week too and they were talking about how he had not "lift" on his jumper. NOTE - they were not making excuses for the performance.

Washington was sick all week with the FLU. Stan and Dinger were talking about that. Mitch has been sick for a week too and they were talking about how he had not "lift" on his jumper. NOTE - they were not making excuses for the performance.

Watching warm ups at the game I felt as though Wilbekin had absolutely no lift. I didn't think the freshman wall would affect his legs during warm ups. Getting over being sick makes much more sense.

Back