• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

20 best beers in the world per the experts

you guys can drink all the summer shandy you want (in any of our 12 counties)

My feeling as well. Townie will not be surprised by this.

some pics i've seen of you on the facebook dot com would indicate to me you've been drinking beers that required the use of a bottle opener in which case I'm sincerely disappointed

some pics i've seen of you on the facebook dot com would indicate to me you've been drinking beers that required the use of a bottle opener in which case I'm sincerely disappointed

imports or crafts?

:couch:

growing up. had to happen eventually.

Beer experts - what shouldn't I miss from this list?

59vo14.jpg

29lbdc5.jpg

#28, #40, and #45 stick out to me, but it really depends on what you like

#14 and #50 if you wanna get real weird with it

agreed about #28, 40, and 45. Pick one or two of the pumpkin ones that sound good (23, 33, 38?). Might give #11 a shot.

Don't want to get all the big heavy ones, need to mix it up with some lower alcohol content stuff as well.

Fullsteam was doing this awesome shandy this summer with fresh lemonade and one of their beers. Perfect for extended Sunday afternoon drinking.

imperial oktoberfest? dont mind if i do.

some of these taggers have some real peen insecurity issues

i feel like the list last year was better with domestics.

I'd like to see a separate list for beers available for less than $12 for a six pack. Those single bottles are too expensive for my tastes.

Pliny the Elder is $5/16 oz bottle at the brewery. Temptation and Supplication are larger formats at $12/bottle.

Extremely wary about Goose Island being owned by a mega-corporation, but their brewhouse in Wrigleyville is awesome. Shocked to see any 21st Amendment beers on the later list. Pretty mediocre beers in a location two blocks from the ballpark in SF. Anchor's going to build a new facility on McCovey Cove. Weihenstaphaner Hefeweizen is an incredible beer that's missing from those lists.

The Jolly Pumpkin and Heavy Seas pumpkin are awesome and should not be missed - the Allagash sounds good. I've never had Schlafly or whatever, but all the people I know in St Louis live and die by it. Maine Brewing makes some really solid beer too.

so, 9, 15, 22, 23

Pliny the Elder is $5/16 oz bottle at the brewery. Temptation and Supplication are larger formats at $12/bottle.

Extremely wary about Goose Island being owned by a mega-corporation, but their brewhouse in Wrigleyville is awesome. Shocked to see any 21st Amendment beers on the later list. Pretty mediocre beers in a location two blocks from the ballpark in SF. Anchor's going to build a new facility on McCovey Cove. Weihenstaphaner Hefeweizen is an incredible beer that's missing from those lists.

DONT YOU TALK BAD ABOUT MY 21ST AMENDMENT

But really, love their Black IPA - the Fireside Chat is one of my favorite winter beers. The He Said Trippel is awesome if you can find it.

Back