• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2007 Orange Bowl Boards Tailgate

tsywake

Sheikh of Smoke
Staff member
Reaction score
After it was brought up a few days ago, I dug up some of my old photos from the Orange Bowl Boards Tailgate. Feel free to tag or add others.
e08a1989600582762e74e5c74a1c3907.jpg
02138dd2a9303f3efe542f71ede3b3fa.jpg
67cbf3cb473b5434eb6628c0356a23e6.jpg
8e53874791cda154bab09e78697d309e.jpg
85689ef8e409e9ce5fe4d3d4d8e309a9.jpg
6cbf160545a3cdd21157baa7b9d0bba1.jpg
56195b8a9649d618fe192b516e64fa89.jpg
76c7f2c91d0b408a12c225055552700f.jpg
7d9aa62a1247854a80b05847d86ae54c.jpg
f08ec566a734fd29cfa03ff804cfcf18.jpg

Good stuff. I remember stopping by that tailgate. Hard to believe it was ~15 years ago.

I remember the WF chopper. I believe that it was auctioned off afterwards.

The thing I’ll remember most about that game was the fighter jets nearly taking my head off when they dipped into the stadium. We sat way up in the corner and they were just right there above us. Scared the shit out of me.

The thing I’ll remember most about that game was the fighter jets nearly taking my head off when they dipped into the stadium. We sat way up in the corner and they were just right there above us. Scared the shit out of me.

We started that tailgate so early in the day, we actually got a sneak preview when they practiced it.

Lucky for all of you it’s going to be 70 tomorrow and you can once again break out all those khaki shorts!

I was so fucked up that entire weekend I can't remember if I stopped by or not. I don't think I did. I have a slight memory of walking by it, asking the people I was with if we should hit it up, and then not doing it. But I also remember talking to one of the old farts, and that would not have been at a tailgate in W-S. So maybe I just swung by, grabbed a beer or two and some munchies, and disappeared.

And yes, that flyover was something else.

I was so fucked up that entire weekend I can't remember if I stopped by or not. I don't think I did. I have a slight memory of walking by it, asking the people I was with if we should hit it up, and then not doing it. But I also remember talking to one of the old farts, and that would not have been at a tailgate in W-S. So maybe I just swung by, grabbed a beer or two and some munchies, and disappeared.

And yes, that flyover was something else.

I may have been that old fart because I remember meeting you at the board tailgate. Happy to help you fill in your memory lapses. :)

I may have been that old fart because I remember meeting you at the board tailgate. Happy to help you fill in your memory lapses. :)
Agreed. Remember meeting his drunk self too, or a drunk person claiming to be ELC. I had my doubts at one point.

I had precisely the same experience

Me too. We were only a few rows from the top and it was well into the 2nd quarter before my heart rate slowed down. I also remember ELC being "slightly" inebriated.

Agreed. Remember meeting his drunk self too, or a drunk person claiming to be ELC. I had my doubts at one point.

The night before was the OU-Boise St game and I was so obliterated and angry after that game that I think I got kicked out of the bar. I think. I only know what I was told. I took a cab home and it took forever because I couldn't remember what hotel I was staying at. Waking up after that, the first course of action would've been some hair of the dog, without question, so I could be functional and not barfing for the Orange Bowl.

Anyone else not realize there was beer served at the OB until walking in? I might have tempered my pre-game a bit had I known. Or not. 4th Q was a bit fuzzy.

Back