• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2007 Orange Bowl Boards Tailgate

my avatar on the 247 boards is my daughter and youngest son at the Orange Bowl. They are now 29 and 22.

I think it's been the same throughout all the board iterations.

OK. The guy I'm thinking of had a different board name for sure. Older gentleman (like 60s or 70s at the time), very nice, quite possibly not on this earth anymore. His board name may come to me later. I remember a lot of folks at the time commenting on meeting him and enjoying it. Even if he's still around, I can't imagine that he made the move to this obscenity-laden shitburger of a board.

OK. The guy I'm thinking of had a different board name for sure. Older gentleman (like 60s or 70s at the time), very nice, quite possibly not on this earth anymore. His board name may come to me later. I remember a lot of folks at the time commenting on meeting him and enjoying it. Even if he's still around, I can't imagine that he made the move to this obscenity-laden shitburger of a board.

rjkarlanaheim.gif

I don't recall his board name either, but was a great guy. Seems like he graduated in 1960 close to my Dad. He passed back in September...

I met a lot of folks at that tailgate. What a great time. The highlight was meeting RJKarl. I’ll look for the picture.

RRR still is active on the 247. From RKE area. He set me up with a realtor when I moved there.

Good guy. RRR and I met Neil Fingleton at the same time on his official visit at the Joel.

Anyone else not realize there was beer served at the OB until walking in? I might have tempered my pre-game a bit had I known. Or not. 4th Q was a bit fuzzy.

Yes, that beer was warm, sticky and muggy.

Kind of like the game after the rain...I was like...damn...I am sweating. Our defense did not respond well, and neither did our offense for that matter.

Great memories, I was there with Bill George who, along with others, were tailgate partners for years at the corner of the blue lot right next to the the gold lot. I had the same reaction to the flyover.

Hahahaha for those of you who "met" RJKarl at the Orange Bowl, that was DF09's dad. This was before Anaheim and most people didn't know what RJ looked like, so me and DF09 told everybody that his dad was RJ. It was amazing.

I'm in one of those pics. So obvious its me: wearing a vintage "Wake the Neighbors" bball tie dye and barefoot like a hippie.

Back