• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2011 AL West Thread

How can you guys be this excited for the Rangers when they have arguably the worst rotation in the division

Spring training has me down

How can you guys be this excited for the Rangers when they have arguably the worst rotation in the division

Spring training has me down

I'm a fan.

Solid lineup.

Good defense.

More experience.

I very much expect to be disappointed.

Hell, Feldman and Harden were 1 and 2 last year at the start of the season.

Love Wash.

I'm a fan.

Solid lineup.

Good defense.

More experience.

Love Wash.

I agree when comparing it to last year I feel a lot better.

You could make an argument our lineup should be one of the best offensive lineups in baseball

But Wash cant handle a pitching staff. And when you dont really have much of a staff to begin with, that doesnt bode well

I'm a fan.

Solid lineup.

Good defense.

More experience.

Love Wash.

Pretty much this. The pitching situation worries me, I still don't really understand the Feliz/Ogando conundrum, but more than anything I'm just excited to watch rangers baseball again. I love that they are on almost every night, and I'm excited to hear Rhadigan calling the games instead of the goober, even though he had grown on me a little.

Anyone going for opening day? Don't have tickets yet but I plan to be there.

Pretty much this. The pitching situation worries me, I still don't really understand the Feliz/Ogando conundrum, but more than anything I'm just excited to watch rangers baseball again. I love that they are on almost every night, and I'm excited to hear Rhadigan calling the games instead of the goober, even though he had grown on me a little.

Anyone going for opening day? Don't have tickets yet but I plan to be there.

I usually make opening day. Can't get off work this Friday.

Evan Grant on the Ticket this morning was really depressing. Pretty much brought up what Tejas did. Rotation, rotation, rotation.

Trying to make it out to my first Rangers game when they take on Seattle in a day game next Weds!

Trying to make it out to my first Rangers game when they take on Seattle in a day game next Weds!

That would be a HAPPY FELIX DAY!

FELIXDAY.jpg

Evan Grant on the Ticket this morning was really depressing. Pretty much brought up what Tejas did. Rotation, rotation, rotation.
Basically, we need Wilson, Lewis and Hunter to match last year, and Holland to step up and start to reach his potential. The fifth spot is going to be a revolving door all season, IMO.

Biggest question mark of the returners is Hunter, because he hasn't had a good spring and even when he finally pitches this season he'll be coming off injury. It's time for Holland to put up or shut up.

I do think the rotation will be bolstered by a stronger defense, esp. on the infield, and I think the offense will be very, very good.

Great place for day games. For me it's just too much of a pain for weekday night games. Too far away.

Basically, we need Wilson, Lewis and Hunter to match last year, and Holland to step up and start to reach his potential. The fifth spot is going to be a revolving door all season, IMO.

Biggest question mark of the returners is Hunter, because he hasn't had a good spring and even when he finally pitches this season he'll be coming off injury. It's time for Holland to put up or shut up.

I do think the rotation will be bolstered by a stronger defense, esp. on the infield, and I think the offense will be very, very good.

This is actually inspiring to me, though. I'm used to the 2-5 spots being revolving doors all season, not just the 5th spot.

As for being excited about Ranger's baseball, last season recharged me after the drain on motivation since the mid 90s.

ICHIRO!!!, RF
Figgins, 3B
Bradley, LF
Cust, DH
Smoak, 1B
Olivo, C
Langerhans, CF
Ryan, SS
Wilson, 2B

(El Rey, SP)

Wedge already releasing the lineup because that's how he rolls, son.

I am actually not as worried about rotation as the bullpen

To me it is rotation, bullpen, bullpen

Moreland not starting. I know he doesn't hit lefties well, but he's had a great spring and had a great WS.

Back