• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2011 AL West Thread

Well this is a fun start. Wilson/Felix will be a good match-up tonight. Adrian Beltre is 0-fer since his grand slam jack against the Sox. Come on dude! And I still love Michael Young. Besides all the crap that went down in the off season about a possible trade, he still bats/fields when he's told and continues to do a dedicated great job for the Rangers.

I'm extremely jealous that I can't be at the ballpark. Eat 100 hot dogs for me. Also, my dad says Dallas is buzzing again with the Rangers. They're more popular than the Mavs right now.

You are defeating your own argument

Ogando: Fastball - 65%, Slider - 30%, Change up 5%

Feliz: Fastball - 90%, Change up 9%

Winner on who used a wider variety........................OGANDO

first, one do you know how to read bro, those numbers on feliz are for this year, and approx. 50 pitches. Last year he was 82% fastball, 14 % curveball, 3% changeup. For his career he's 79% fastball, 15% curveball, 5 % changeup. Also did you not see the values I posted for their pitches earlier in the thread.

Also Ogando pitched well, but he didnt use his secondary stuff he threw fastball-slider exclusively, I believe he threw one changeup the whole game. That is going to kill you when you get around the league a bit more or when you face an offense that isnt as anemic as the mariners. But clearly based on your previous arguments you dont understand statistics and things like sample size so im not sure why I even bothered.

FELIXDAY.jpg

2ND HAPPY FELIX DAY TO EVERYONE!

w00t w00t

Bases juiced, one out, down by one. Need to get to Felix when you can.

I think Felix may be getting a little tired. Rangers broke the tie by forcing Felix into a 1 out, runner on second, full count situation.

Last edited:
Looks like the Mariners fell apart in the eighth. Rangers going to advance to 6-0. I know this can't last forever but I'm enjoying it while I can.

I'm patiently waiting for rj=mj to come along and tell us how the stats show the true story of this game, and the Rangers really lost for winning.

They were in the freakin' commissioner's box right on the first base line, front row. Unreal.

So much fun. Great ballpark. Good win!

^^^WIN! Free drinks/food?

6-0. Nice. Felix looked like he ran out of gas in the 8th. Tough to keep pitching to the Rangers lineup in that state.

ESPN says the ballpark was 50% full. Not bad for an early year, mid week afternoon game.

Nothing free, but downed 4 hot dogs for $4 (apparently people try to go for 6 or 7)

25k announced...pretty impressive for a Weds day game in April

Felix should kill his second baseman

first, one do you know how to read bro, those numbers on feliz are for this year, and approx. 50 pitches. Last year he was 82% fastball, 14 % curveball, 3% changeup. For his career he's 79% fastball, 15% curveball, 5 % changeup. Also did you not see the values I posted for their pitches earlier in the thread.

Also Ogando pitched well, but he didnt use his secondary stuff he threw fastball-slider exclusively, I believe he threw one changeup the whole game. That is going to kill you when you get around the league a bit more or when you face an offense that isnt as anemic as the mariners. But clearly based on your previous arguments you dont understand statistics and things like sample size so im not sure why I even bothered.

You are right. I misread Feliz' pitch distribution. He still trows his fastball way to much and only really had 2 pitches last year. He learned a cutter over the spring I am really excited about

I did read your values. And I assert no sport can be boiled down to values like that. I only brought in the values because you did.

Also Ogando learned a cutter in the spring as well so he now has 4 pitches. Second his slider was coming in at 80 mph. You dont need to throw a changeup in a game where your fastball is at 94 and your slider is at 80. It is effectively doing what a change up does.

But clearly based on your previous arguments you dont understand how to judge something based on what you see in front of you so I dont know why I even bothered.

Also I still want to hear what you have to say about the fact that Ogando holds the Rangers record for lowest ERA with atleast 40 innings pitched

Or how you can tell me Feliz can get away with throwing a fastball 80-85% of the time as a starter

I have no clue what Wedge was doing running Felix out that long this early in the season after making him go thru a complete game in his first outing. Our bullpen sucks, but come on!

They were in the freakin' commissioner's box right on the first base line, front row. Unreal.

Bad ass!

It is a great park except for the location. I know they're not the Dallas rangers but it's closer to fort worth for Christ sake.

Watching the game now. How far down the line? I bet u got some TV time.

prob like 10-12 seats past the dugout. sat with 3 other guy friends and sat next to two couples (both girls were pretty cute)

I like torrealba with the blue helmet but red tops. He did that on opening day and I didn't like it. Now I do.

Back