• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2011 Atlanta Braves Thread: Go Braves!!!

Klaw rates vizcaino best braves prospect. Six pitchers are ahead of Teheran. What?

It seems like people across the board have soured a little on Julio. What's the reasoning?

Maybe because he didn't look like Pedro in the MLB? I really don't get it, he's only going to get better and pitched well considering his age and experience in his call up last season. Bravos REALLY need J-Hey to bounce back in a big way next season.

It seems like people across the board have soured a little on Julio. What's the reasoning?
Consistency with his curve ball. Also, his K rates have declined at every level. The problem with putting Viz over him is that he needs a third pitch offering and has injury concerns. Klaw has always been higher on Viz than most the other published guys.

If you have a little time check out the Twitter stream for @thinkbluecrew today. It is Albert Lyu of FanGraphs and he lived tweeted Wren (with John Coppolella) talking at a GT class today.

Thanks for that link. Nothing earth-shattering there, but it was interesting to read that they are familiar with some advanced metrics.

I haven't checked out PECOTA yet or any other 2012 projections for Braves players. Anything stand out there?

If you guys aren't follow @fauxfrankwren on Twitter, you are missing out....

Thanks for that link. Nothing earth-shattering there, but it was interesting to read that they are familiar with some advanced metrics.

I haven't checked out PECOTA yet or any other 2012 projections for Braves players. Anything stand out there?
Frank still doesn't have his head around BABIP and had to turn that one over to John, but it was nice to see they monitor things like BB/SO, WAR, and FIP.

Haven't looked at PECOTA but FG has loaded their team projections.

Attachments

• braves 2012 projections.xlsx
    11.8 KB · Views: 0
They have JHey getting 103 RBIs. Onl 20 HRs though. Would like to see the pitchers, especially tommy, outperform those projections.

Baseball Prospectus's PECOTA is particularly bearish on Pastornicky and Bourn.

Btw, it's almost time to start the 2012 thread!

The last time I started the thread we played really well until the thread capped and someone else started a new one. Right on cue we started sucking hard. I started a different one and we made the playoffs then lost to the effing Giants.

What I'm trying to say is that Say Hey should start it so we win the World Series.

Freeman = gold glove this season. Esp w/ the chuckleheads he has to deal w/ in the infield.

Did you guys know that runners had a 90% success rate when stealing on Hanson last season? Holy crap, thank goodness he's fixing his delivery.

Back