• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2011 Atlanta Braves Thread: Go Braves!!!

Anytime you sign a 30 year contract with a pretty flat rate of compensation, with no way to opt-out, you have done an AWFUL job negotiating.

I just can't imagine what the ownership group was thinking. This is really, really shitty for the long term future of the Braves. Unless we keep getting studs from the farm system every five years, I expect the team to fade into the back end of the NL. Ugh.

Or we get an owner that spends his own money.

Anytime you sign a 30 year contract with a pretty flat rate of compensation, with no way to opt-out, you have done an AWFUL job negotiating.

I just can't imagine what the ownership group was thinking. This is really, really shitty for the long term future of the Braves. Unless we keep getting studs from the farm system every five years, I expect the team to fade into the back end of the NL. Ugh.

Unless the negotiating is essentially between two entities that you both own, and your main objective is to get a contract in place that looks most attractive to a potential buyer of one of the entities.

Its not like the Braves negotiated the contract. They are one tiny piece of their owners giant puzzle, and what is best for the puzzle is rarely best for their piece. Thats why they need to get away from Liberty.

nah, it's still on. van weiren (sp?) is about to interview scheurholtz, wren, chipper, dan, and brian. oh, and they just brought out hank aaron.

first change to alt's since they were introduced in '05. kind of boring. white with blue piping, a number on the front, and a patch on the sleeve noting the club's origins in 1876.

to be worn saturdays and sundays.

braves2012alt.png

i'd prefer to have the reds more often but oh well. they're classy, good looking unis. can't complain.

better than camo etc.

Here are Mayo and Goldstein's top 20 Braves prospects respectively:

1. Julio Teheran, RHP
2. Arodys Vizcaino, RHP
3. Randall Delgado, RHP
4. Andrelton Simmons, SS
5. Christian Bethancourt, C
6. Sean Gilmartin, LHP
7. Tyler Pastornicky, SS
8. Joe Terdoslavich, 1B/3B
9. Zeke Spruill, RHP
10. J.R. Graham, RHP
11. Edward Salcedo, 3B
12. Nick Ahmed, SS
13. J.J. Hoover, RHP
14. Matt Lipka, CF
15. Brandon Drury, 3B
16. Carlos Perez, LHP
17. Todd Cunningham, OF
18. Mycal Jones, CF
19. Navery Moore, RHP
20. Billy Bullock, RHP

Five-Star Prospects
1. Julio Teheran, RHP
2. Randall Delgado, RHP
Four-Star Prospects
3. Arodys Vizcaino, RHP
Three-Star Prospects
4. Christian Bethancourt, C
5. Andrelton Simmons, SS
6. Tyler Pastornicky, SS
7. Sean Gilmartin, LHP
8. Edward Salcedo, 3B
9. Matt Lipka, OF
10. Zeke Spruill, RHP
Two-Star Prospects
11. J.R. Graham, RHP

Nine More:
12. Nick Ahmed, SS
13. J.J. Hoover, RHP
14. Joe Terdoslavich, 1B/3B
15. Kyle Kubitza, 3B
16. Brandon Drury, 3B
17. Carlos Perez, LHP
18. Adam Milligan, OF
19. Todd Cunningham, OF
20. Billy Bullock, RHP

System is really light on position players, which isn't too surprising because we've had a few bad drafts in a row. I'm not sure we have a top 10 system anymore and that's if you include the pitchers at the top who are all top 60-70 guys and ineligible next year. Why can't we develop an outfielder?

Cox & Wren were in town (Wilmington, NC) last night speaking to the city council about the possibility of building a stadium on the riverfront downtown and moving the Advanced A Lynchburg Hillcats down here. So pumped that they're even discussing the possibility of doing this.

Link

System is really light on position players, which isn't too surprising because we've had a few bad drafts in a row. I'm not sure we have a top 10 system anymore and that's if you include the pitchers at the top who are all top 60-70 guys and ineligible next year. Why can't we develop an outfielder?

They've just refused to spend money in the draft. Not a great idea when you've also made it clear that you won't be spending money on free agents.

I'm pretty concerned about the future of the franchise 5-10 years down the road. If Heyward doesn't rebound, we could be in serious trouble.

Back