• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2011 Atlanta Braves Thread: Go Braves!!!

Really wish we would have traded JJ at the All-Star break when his value was at its highest, but oh well. Hate that he is a Boras client.

I TOLD YALL! Should have listened to me back then.

So the Rockies still want Prado, but apparently they're unwilling to part with Dexter Fowler or either of their 2 CF prospects, Tim Wheeler and Charlie Blackmon. I guess they're going to go with 3 CFs in their future?

So the Rockies still want Prado, but apparently they're unwilling to part with Dexter Fowler or either of their 2 CF prospects, Tim Wheeler and Charlie Blackmon. I guess they're going to go with 3 CFs in their future?

I'd definitely like to see Fowler in ATL. or Wheeler and another prosepect. Wheeler has massive power numbers. His average wasn't too good in the AFL, so contact could take some work.

If the Braves trade Prado to the Rockies, they need to get one of those three guys in return. I really don't get why the Rockies wouldn't be willing to part with one of them. You can't play them all. Prado would look pretty damn good for them at 2nd base.

For me i'd rather see Fowler or Wheeler. Blackmon doesn't have too good of an average. We need people to get on base in front of our producers. Wheeler hit .287 last season. Fowler could improve.

I'd take any of them. Blackmon would immediately be our best OF prospect.

definitely need some OF prospects. Seems like all we have are pitchers. I know that's an exaggeration, but our top ten according to the ATL website include 5 pitchers, 1 C, and 4 who can play SS. (Salcedo can also play 3B.) seems to me as if all we have are pitchers and SS.

No idea, but likely more than Atlanta is willing to pay. It's probably a pipe dream hoping he'll be a Brave.

Pujols to the Angels. That helps.

Do Not Want. All the braves need is a highly paid, injury prone, prema donna.

Well, if the Braves signed Beltran then it's unlikely he would be "highly paid," as the Braves don't have much money. His knee is a concern, but he stayed healthy last year and seems to have recovered from his surgery. And, actually, before the knee injury he was pretty healthy for the Mets, playing at least 140 games every year. Whether he's a prima donna, I have no idea as I don't know the dude. Sounds like he's just a quiet guy.

I do know he went .300/.385/.525 last year in 2 pitcher's parks.

Pros and cons to Beltran.

Pros are he is another bat that is likley just as good as anyone we have, and he rakes in the postseason. We need someone on this team who knows what clutch is.

Cons are that we will have to pay more than what we would want and he is likely a 1-2 year rental. Still not a real solution for a long term corner OF.

Back