• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2011 Atlanta Braves Thread: Go Braves!!!

Freeman can pick it but his range isn't good. Hanson's delivery change should hopefully help avoid future shoulder problems.

Advanced fielding stats are not kind to Freeman. I just read his writeup in the Baseball Prospectus annual last night. First thing it mentioned is how scouts like his defense but the numbers don't.

Advanced fielding stats are not kind to Freeman. I just read his writeup in the Baseball Prospectus annual last night. First thing it mentioned is how scouts like his defense but the numbers don't.

i'd take that with a grain of salt. as cheese said, he can pick it but his range isn't good. the advanced numbers have a hard time quantifying the ability to pick-it at first, so an overabundance of their value is built on range which is probably less important in comparison.

Back