• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012-2013 Tickets thread

So my question to you guys is why are you aiding the Athelitics department when they will not fire [Redacted]?

I think football season ticket renewal time is the perfect opportunity for us to flex our muscles and get rid of Buzz. When I got my email, I replied that I would not buy any tickets or give anything to the Deacon Club until Buzz is gone. I cced Ron Wellman as well. No ticket sales/no donations = No BUZZ. Not only go we not need to buy tickets or donate but the university needs to know why as well. I urge everyone else to do the same.

That's why we're here looking for freebies. Here's another thing, Ron, I intend park in the Elizabeth's parking lot and not spend one cent at the concessions!

Would like two for Maryland game. Would even be willing to pay real money for lower level...

Would like two for Maryland game. Would even be willing to pay real money for lower level...

As opposed to fake money? Gonna send my DC donation in with Monopoly money.

That's why we're here looking for freebies. Here's another thing, Ron, I intend park in the Elizabeth's parking lot and not spend one cent at the concessions!

Good choice. At $6.00 for a hamburger and $4.00 for a water, there is no way one wants to spend money at our concessions. Plus they have turned off anybody going to the Hoops Room by charging $5.00 for a beer & $6.00 for a glass of wine! They don't charge that much in DC bars.

I definitely don't pay for parking or tickets, but there are a few concession stands in the Joel that are seperately owned and I support them. Nacho stand, juice stand, blueridge icecream, red hot & blue, etc.

I definitely don't pay for parking or tickets, but there are a few concession stands in the Joel that are seperately owned and I support them. Nacho stand, juice stand, blueridge icecream, red hot & blue, etc.

While I agree...those independent stands don't keep 100% of the money from each game... Most of the 'in-the-wall' consessions have non-profit groups working them and the get a percentage of the sales. Any money handed over inside the doors of the Joel, they get a (high) percentage.

Back