• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 Atlanta Braves Thread

Am I the only one concerned with the lack of a lead-off hitter in this group? Would Simmons lead off now?

That's the only thing that makes me worry a bit about next season. As long as someone is getting on base in front of them, the 3-6 hitters WILL produce some runs

Yeah, I'd put Simmons in the leadoff spot

Simmons
Heyward
JUpton
Freeman
BJ Upton
McCann
Uggla
Johnson/Francisco

Yes! It's like the Blue Jays' million dollar outfield of George Bell, Lloyd Moseby, and Jesse Barfield! Except Bell is actually Domincan and there are two actual BROTHERS in this one, so it's better.

Hate to see Prado go, but this is a great deal for the Braves! Knew the Braves werent going to get J Up without giving up value.

I agree but was hoping the potential of prospects would be enough. Prado is such a great team guy and those can be hard to replace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Since we're giving up Prado's salary for Uptons, Braves still have about $10 million to spend

This is going to be the most potent Braves lineup since the Chipper/Andruw/Sheffield year

Here's what I'm thinking.

I think the 3B platoon kinda barely works at first and if we can stay around 1st or 2nd place by July, then you make a call to Larry Wayne. Dude takes all of July to get into shape and then shows up for the August - October run.

We win the WS and he leaves a year late but w/ an extra ring.

Boom.

I'm so excited that I might wear my Heyward jersey to the bar for happy hour tonight.

I'm so excited that I might wear my Heyward jersey to the bar for happy hour tonight.
pMLB2-9735972dt.jpg

I'm so excited for this season. I don't think I've ever been this excited.

OPENING DAY HERE I COME.

Back