• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 Atlanta Braves Thread

not sure about second but definitely up there, mantle, rose, eddie murray, tim raines, alomar.

Its Mantle, then Chipper. Rose is an interesting twist, but Murray is 2nd tier and Raines/Robbie A are third tier.

not sure about second but definitely up there, mantle, rose, eddie murray, tim raines, alomar.

Second highest batting average ever by a switch hitter. Only switch hitter to ever hit .300 in a career and have 300 career home runs. Third most home runs ever by a switch hitter. Second highest single season batting average by a switch hitter ever.

Alomar and Raines aren't even in the discussion when it comes to greatest switch hitters. And, considering Chipper's career batting average is higher than Rose and he hit for more power than Rose, you have to put him ahead of Charlie Hustle. That only leaves Mantle and Murray and arguments can be made there as well. I'll be content with saying he is one of the top three and not rank the three.

Love that Chipper's last regular season home game is against the Mets. Any chance we have a Rocker sighting??

Btw, if you guys have MLB Network, def watch 30 Clubs in 30 Days featuring the Braves. It got me alll kinds of excited for the season, can't wait for Friday the 13th aka the home opener!!!

Big roster move by the Braves today! (kidding). We signed Livan Hernandez. Looks like he'll be on the big league roster as a reliever and for spot starts.
http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/...30&content_id=27758808&vkey=news_atl&c_id=atl

I like that move a lot, actually. Sounds like the fifth starter will still be Delgado or Teheran, but it's nice to have Livan there waiting behind them able to go for long innings in case one of them gets knocked around early.

The same Livan Hernandez who was throwing picthes a foot outside of the strike zone to Fred McGriff and Eric Gregg was calling them strikes? Boo...

The same Livan Hernandez who was throwing picthes a foot outside of the strike zone to Fred McGriff and Eric Gregg was calling them strikes? Boo...

I hear ya, but Tommy Glavine made a pretty good career getting some of those same calls from Eric Gregg. (not sayin that's why Tommy was great, but he was smart enough not to try to hit corners if he didnt have to and still get the call)

Watched Hanson some yesterday. Don't really see the big change in delivery that's been reported all spring. He is working a bunch of 2-seamers in now. Hopefully will help him pitch deeper in games.

Watched Hanson some yesterday. Don't really see the big change in delivery that's been reported all spring. He is working a bunch of 2-seamers in now. Hopefully will help him pitch deeper in games.

Those 2 seamers looked pretty good yesterday.

Mets announced that Johan Santana is pitching opening day, so it'll be Hanson vs. Santana on Thursday. Can't freaking wait.

Mets announced that Johan Santana is pitching opening day, so it'll be Hanson vs. Santana on Thursday. Can't freaking wait.

can't get here quick enough. I'll be driving home to raleigh then so I doubt I'll even be able to see it dammit.

I really like Francisco. He's lit up good number everywhere. And he's young.

Came to camp overweight and strikes out a lot. Great arm and seems to move pretty well. Maybe a fresh start in Atlanta will be good for him.

I really thought the Braves would do more to strengthen the offense this offseason. Everything you read talks about how Heyward is going to be so much better this year. That's the strategy? I guess if Hewyard rebounds, Uggla hits consistently instead of the way he did last year, and Chipper is healthy and productive, the offense is good enough for the deep pitching rotation. Otherwise, they're just a year older and DC and Miami just got better.

I really thought the Braves would do more to strengthen the offense this offseason. Everything you read talks about how Heyward is going to be so much better this year. That's the strategy? I guess if Hewyard rebounds, Uggla hits consistently instead of the way he did last year, and Chipper is healthy and productive, the offense is good enough for the deep pitching rotation. Otherwise, they're just a year older and DC and Miami just got better.

there is no way JHey goes through a whole season like he did last year. I was at ST Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and he looked better. And Dan will not hit as horribly as he did last year. He'll get his 30 HRs and 90 RBIs or more.

At least we don't have to worry about Diaz/Hinske in left everyday anymore.

Back