• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 Atlanta Braves Thread

It looks at this point like another season with long stretches of offensive impotence.

Im just passing along DOB info at this point, but looks like this Simmons kid is giving Pastornicky a push for the starting SS job...

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-braves-blog/

slideshow_1002324578_BRAVES-SIMMONS1.jpg

Love it.

Still think that 3rd place is probably in the cards, :(

Big article on Chipper on his future. Would link but on phone.

It's on AJC, then ESPN has a bit about as well as braves.com

I realize that he has carried the franchise for 15 years, but man, F Chipper at this point.

As stated in the stories, he has already missed 5 spring games to injury, and is now publically doubting whether he can make it through the season.

Had he really been a team guy, he would have taken a buyout of the old contract and either be a Brave for peanuts this year or going to DH in the AL, allowing us to get a freaking LF bat and move Prado to 3B.

Now he is finally admitting he cant go, and its too late to do anything about it.

:rulz:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/spring2012/s...ipper-jones-atlanta-braves-unsure-make-season

I realize that he has carried the franchise for 15 years, but man, F Chipper at this point.

As stated in the stories, he has already missed 5 spring games to injury, and is now publically doubting whether he can make it through the season.

Had he really been a team guy, he would have taken a buyout of the old contract and either be a Brave for peanuts this year or going to DH in the AL, allowing us to get a freaking LF bat and move Prado to 3B.

Now he is finally admitting he cant go, and its too late to do anything about it.

:rulz:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/spring2012/s...ipper-jones-atlanta-braves-unsure-make-season

lol... hilarious. especially considering the poster.

Not that it really matters but why put Brandon Hicks on waivers with 4 open spots on the 40 man? Pastornicky is trying to lose the job this spring, Simmons hasn't played above A+, and Wilson is hurt.

Yeah, I really would have liked if chipper hung them up after last season so we could make an off season trade for a power corner OF.

I guess Martin Prado is surely staying, though.

I feel bad for Chip, he'll gut it out. But I'm biased.

He could end up missing 100+ games but the quote was overblown. He was asked if he'd play in 2013 and said he just needed to figure out a way to get through this season first.

Not that it really matters but why put Brandon Hicks on waivers with 4 open spots on the 40 man? Pastornicky is trying to lose the job this spring, Simmons hasn't played above A+, and Wilson is hurt.
No idea about this. More options is never bad.

Good news, the Braves are no longer in the cellar when it comes to spring training batting average. The O's are now the team with the lowest BA.

Braves projected to miss playoffs by Baseball America. Phils win East, Washington & STL win wildcards

Nattiecakes over the Miami Marlin? Fat chance!

Back