• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 Atlanta Braves Thread

Probably because he's a shrimp who they worry about holding up as a starter over the length of a season. His career high IP is 120.

Saw Jason on ESPN while doing their bus tour. He looks completely different.

I worry more that this has happened before with him. Please don't move off Terdoslavich off third for ST because of this.

So does anyone know why J-Hey lost weight and looks so much different? Is that what you guys are hearing?

I was holding off on commenting on the Molina extension but it looks like 5/$75 is official now. Cards are doing something right because they have three pennants and two World Series titles in the past 8 years but this is an overpay that will burn us in our effort to re-sign McCann. Assuming our team payroll stays roughly the same with our corporate, faceless ownership, we will have to commit 30% of our money to two players.

Molina had a great year, but he is not the offensive player his 2011 numbers say he is. Huge spike in ISO. This is a guy who sported a .671 OPS in 2010. For a guy under contract, it looks like the Cardinals got zero surplus value. I know he is a defensive whiz but it is hard to assess that value and catchers are generally undervalued and underpaid because of it.

thought this was interesting. check out the flex in JHey's bat after he makes contact (unless it's a trick of the cameraphone lens, of course).

528477799.jpg

Saw that article. Very similar to Hamilton. Hopefully he is the real deal. It is hard not to pull for the guy.

Going to spring training this year for the first time in a few years!

cool story, but i dont think he's all that similar to hamilton.

cool story, but i dont think he's all that similar to hamilton.

Yeah, his story sounds more like a sheltered kid that went to college and quit playing the sport he was good at to do recreational drugs and hate his dad. I know twenty of them but hopefully this guy finds he is better at what he was really good in HS than all of those guys put together.

Just bought MLB.tv premium, first ST game on Saturday!

David O'Brien ‏ @ajcbraves

#Braves 1B Freeman did some jogging today, three days after subluxation of kneecap. Said he feels great, hopes to take BP tomorrow.

So does anyone know why J-Hey lost weight and looks so much different? Is that what you guys are hearing?

Its my understanding that Heyward beefed up last year, not necessarily from lifting weights but just to add some weight. This year, he has lost some of the fat and lifted weights. I have a friend who works in the Marketing office for the Braves and he said that Heyward has lost 20 pounds but looks like he has put on 20 because he is so much bigger muscle-wise. That is why he looks different, he is much more muscular.

Yeah, his story sounds more like a sheltered kid that went to college and quit playing the sport he was good at to do recreational drugs and hate his dad. I know twenty of them but hopefully this guy finds he is better at what he was really good in HS than all of those guys put together.

Just bought MLB.tv premium, first ST game on Saturday!

Are you streaming it or is this through you cable provider? We are seriously considering buying the package and would be streaming to apple tv. Just trying to get a feel if it is worth it.

Are you streaming it or is this through you cable provider? We are seriously considering buying the package and would be streaming to apple tv. Just trying to get a feel if it is worth it.

It's definitely worth it. I used it last year through a playstation 3 and it was great.

Back