• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 Atlanta Braves Thread

I had Extra Innings for years and years but don't think I'd pick it over MLB.tv now. The best $120 you'll spend all year.

Extra Innings is actually more appealing this year than in the past since Time Warner added like 10 extra HD channels for Extra Innings game (as opposed to the 2 channels it had in the past).

Dave O'Brien destroyed my twitter feed today. Not sure why he thinks we need him to tweet the play-by-play of spring training games. The dude is really horrible at Twitter.

Dave O'Brien destroyed my twitter feed today. Not sure why he thinks we need him to tweet the play-by-play of spring training games. The dude is really horrible at Twitter.

His twitpics are pretty awful as well.

Randall and Julio pitched poorly today. I said that to myself Last Crusade style.

My pessimism started to creep in but I'm staying positive, its just March.

Doesn't look like the Braves are available on MLB.tv until Friday.

We have a dude playing 3B right now named Terdoslavich. Terd-O-Slavich. Mebbe if we polish Terd up enough he can spell Chipper when he goes down in April.

6236749748_9e1dece19a.jpg

turdwich-776433.jpg

We will move Prado to third when Chipper is unavailable. Terdoslavich is definitely one to keep any eye on this year. He needs to prove he can play third and draw more walks or he won't be a long term factor.

I think if he draws more walks or proves he could play 3rd he might be a guy of interest. He was super old for his level last year, though.

I don't think he will ever have the bat that profiles as a starting first basemen. I'm not sure why everyone just assumes he will be able to successfully transition to playing third either.

I don't think he will ever have the bat that profiles as a starting first basemen. I'm not sure why everyone just assumes he will be able to successfully transition to playing third either.

i dont think he has a shot in hell at third from what i've read. if he adds some walks his bat could play at 1st. not an all-star (and maybe not first division starter), but there's value in an average offensive 1b. i dont think he'll reach that, though.

All I've heard is that he is Chipper's replacement as it stands now, but not for when chip gets hurt. Only when he retires.

Who else could be the replacement? And has anybody seen Pastornicky? If so, how's he look?

All I've heard is that he is Chipper's replacement as it stands now, but not for when chip gets hurt. Only when he retires.

Who else could be the replacement? And has anybody seen Pastornicky? If so, how's he look?

Prado is Chipper's short and long term replacement as it stands now.

We will be very lucky this year if Pastornicky is replacement level.

Its my understanding that Heyward beefed up last year, not necessarily from lifting weights but just to add some weight. This year, he has lost some of the fat and lifted weights. I have a friend who works in the Marketing office for the Braves and he said that Heyward has lost 20 pounds but looks like he has put on 20 because he is so much bigger muscle-wise. That is why he looks different, he is much more muscular.

The last person they talked about like this, who looked beefed up in spring break and hitting the cover off the ball, was Francoeur, the spring training before the awful season that got him traded.

Back