• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 Atlanta Braves Thread

So pumped for opening day after reading that article. Hope one of our young guns has a dominant year as a starter. That could certainly make it a special year.

Reports are saying that Heyward has lost 20lbs in off season. Not sure he had 20 to lose? Due was skinnyish to begin with.

Gotta agree with this guy, who posted below the article:

"Don't be fooled. The braves had no budget for any free agents that could help. So, keeping this group together was about all they could do. It no longer has a dynamic owner like Ted Turner willing to spend money to build a winner and bring in a Greg Madux or a Fred Mcgriff. The Braves are now a corporate run team with a firm budget that is no where near what every other team in the division spends."

Gotta agree with this guy, who posted below the article:

"Don't be fooled. The braves had no budget for any free agents that could help. So, keeping this group together was about all they could do. It no longer has a dynamic owner like Ted Turner willing to spend money to build a winner and bring in a Greg Madux or a Fred Mcgriff. The Braves are now a corporate run team with a firm budget that is no where near what every other team in the division spends."

Except that he is mostly wrong.

http://content.usatoday.com/sportsdata/baseball/mlb/salaries/team

We spent $20MM more than the Nats and $30MM more than the Marlins.

The Mets spent $30MM more and blew goats.

Philly is the only team in the division successfully outspending us.

Hope springs eternal, although this resident pessimist is trying to stay as positive as I can about a team with a bunch of ???? this season.

It all swings on Heyward and Prado. If they show up and have great seasons, its gonna be a fun ride. If they both truly suck like last year, we're doomed.

Hope springs eternal, although this resident pessimist is trying to stay as positive as I can about a team with a bunch of ???? this season.

It all swings on Heyward and Prado. If they show up and have great seasons, its gonna be a fun ride. If they both truly suck like last year, we're doomed.

YUUUUUPPPPP!

Thought this was funny.

http://theclassical.org/articles/the-worst-shape-of-our-lives-yakkin-about-pitchers-and-catchers

"I'd been hearing for a few weeks that formerly fat dudes were in the best shape(s) of their lives, so I sensed it was coming. But I also somehow missed that there are actually guys down there. But it's real. Pitchers pitching, catchers catching, Kevin Millwood in a Beef 'O' Brady's being difficult to the wait-staff. "I specifically requested extra meat slurry on these nachos, miss. And this is not thousand-island dressing. Do you not know what 'Ryan Klesko Style' means with regards to appetizers? Have you not made nachos before?"

It depends how the pitching staff holds up. The Braves had 0 Offense most of the season, but their collapse was due to their miserable offense being even worse. I think we might have 84 wins or so and finish 3rd.

Minor says he would like to be traded if he isn't pitching in the bigs.

Pretty sure Minor doesn't have much to worry about but he is right that there isn't much more for him to prove at AAA.

Minor explained those comments to Mark Bowman on Friday. Not a big deal. He will almost assuredly start the season in the rotation.

I hope he does because i like him more than from what I've seen from Julio or Randall

I'd like to see medlen. The guy had some pretty good stuff

Management seems pretty committed to keeping Medlen in the bullpen. No clue why

Back