• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 FOOTBALL RECRUITING MEGA THREAD

Lectro

Banhammer'd
Reaction score

Post here all comments, tidbits, clips and rumors concerning Deacon Football Recruiting.

Highlights of SS recruit Ryan Janvion out of Daniel Mack's highschool Hialeah -- Dade Christian.

Over 15 offers early in the process... real nice blend of Academics and Athletics with Ivy League offers and others from Illinois, West Virginia, UVA, Purdue and others.

4.55 speed with quick reaction speed and a 38" vertical jump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6y6QU2Hhrc

Was reading about local high schools in my area tonight and came across this ESPN piece from last week about Mallard Creek High. For those unfamiliar with them, it's a fairly new school (less than five years old) that has produced a ton of talent, including recent Florida commitment DJ Humphries. Sounds like we're going after their TB, Jela Duncan - I'd love to see us get involved with Brian Walker and Marquez North as well.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r...953/charlotte-mallard-creek-stocked-prospects

Last edited:
And JRoc is from "Duncanville"...mmmm

But seriously, the Deac's are getting some good Josh's by gosh.

Wilhite is earning preseason raves and his area of Texas has been super rich of late having produced college A-A runningbacks at Oklahoma State, Oregon,et.al. He is a legit electronic 4.37 and up to 180. That's nearly the same speed as Orville Reynolds (son of 2 Jamaican track and field stars) who is now the fastest Deacon. (4.35)

It would be great to develop some recruiting pipelines within NC and especially from the Charlotte area. I remember when Bill Dooley seemed to own Virginia in terms of recruiting top flight players. UNC and Clemson appear to have dominated the Charlotte area. We need to develop deep ties there.

It would be great to develop some recruiting pipelines within NC and especially from the Charlotte area. I remember when Bill Dooley seemed to own Virginia in terms of recruiting top flight players. UNC and Clemson appear to have dominated the Charlotte area. We need to develop deep ties there.

For whatever reason all of those kids are Baby Blue brainwashed. Some great players in the area but none seem to see the benefits of what WF offers.

I kinda like our Florida pipeline, and our developing one in Texas.

I kinda like our Florida pipeline, and our developing one in Texas.

Agree...with the occasional stud from the Piedmont triad (DeGeare,Okoro,Tate,Willis) and still venturing into the Fayetteville and Triangle.

Wiggins and Hunt told me last night they was trying to get more of their Texas friends out to Wake to play. Hunt said we was after someone from his HS.

Wiggins and Hunt told me last night they was trying to get more of their Texas friends out to Wake to play. Hunt said we was after someone from his HS.

We have been hitting that area hard -- great work from Billings and co.

Fun to watch the inter competition between the Texas guys and the Florida speedsters.

Merril, Lovell, Orville and Dez competing with JRoc, Nick, and Chris. Throw in the two Maryland kids Camp and KJ makes for some good back and forth.

Last edited:
Sheldon Lewinson's team will be on ESPN2 tonight at 9 if you guys feel like tuning in and watching a future Deacon play.

Sheldon Lewinson's team will be on ESPN2 tonight at 9 if you guys feel like tuning in and watching a future Deacon play.

That is awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

That is some big time High school football.

Back