• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 FOOTBALL RECRUITING MEGA THREAD

Wake continues on in the "Speed Wars" and so we are likely to see a shift toward taking one or two more 'tweeners' between the Safety and LB positions. WF struggles getting some of the bigger 'archetype' athletes but it has found several niches where the staff feels it can produce a D that although smaller is yet considerably faster. Not a complete overhaul but kids at LB who can 'augment' the prototype body guys like Allen and Curry.

One of those kids is this guy and the Deacs are in pretty good shape here...

http://247sports.com/Recruit/Dominique-Gibson-881

Pratville (AL) vs St Thomas Acquinas (FL) will be on ESPN today at noon.
Good chance to see future Deac LaRonji Vason.
Pratville is rated one of the top HS teams in the country.

Pratville (AL) vs St Thomas Acquinas (FL) will be on ESPN today at noon.
Good chance to see future Deac LaRonji Vason.
Pratville is rated one of the top HS teams in the country.

Thanks for the heads up Dekin. Deacs will be impressed with the velocity this guy brings... little undersized at 5'8 but longer bodied than that with that SEC quick twitch movement.

On U of A's Top 40 Big board so I hope Saban signs all the bigger names he wants and lets this one 'fall' to us.

Both of our those guys played lights out this weekend. Lewinson was in the backfield the entire game and Vason had a blocked punt. The future looks bright with those guys.

Both of our those guys played lights out this weekend. Lewinson was in the backfield the entire game and Vason had a blocked punt. The future looks bright with those guys.

Great that these guys, and Wake, is getting some positive national exposure.
Hope there's more during the season.

Most known 2013 offers out from the South? #Tennessee with 48, then #FSU with 32 … Some other notable schools:

SCHOOL: known 2013 offers
#Alabama: 25
#Arkansas: 18
#Auburn: 25
#Clemson: 32
#Duke: 3
#East Carolina: 11
#Florida: 31
#FSU: 34
#Georgia: 22
#Georgia Tech: 11
#Kentucky: 17
#Louisville: 10
#LSU: 12
#Miami: 18
#Mississippi State: 20
#N.C. State: 25
#North Carolina: 15
#Ole Miss: 18
#South Carolina: 29
#Southern Miss: 15
#Tennessee: 48
#Texas A&M: 15
#UCF: 12
#USF: 17
#Vanderbilt: 18
#Virginia Tech: 19
#Wake Forest: 16

-keith niebuhr

Hope to get some entries for our kids from last weeks games...

Hope to get some entries for our kids from last weeks games...

We need some updates and info.
I know we're into the real season now, but recruiting continues. Anxious for some good news.

According to DS we just received a commitment from a 3 star wide receiver from Georgia. Good news!

profile says 6'4/160 lbs. are you kidding?

I'm going to assume that he's heavier than 160, but still sounds skinny.
That being said, if Lonnie Galloway offered him, I have faith. Also, he's got 2 years to for eating plus strength/conditioning before he sees the field.
My prediction is that he'll be 190-195 for the 2013 season.

I'm guessing Mays HS is not a school we previously recruited or had an "in" with. Great work by Galloway.

Back