• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 FOOTBALL RECRUITING MEGA THREAD

FYI the full video of the signing day luncheon is up on WakeForestSports.com:

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-footbl/wake-m-footbl-body.html

I definitely recommend watching it if you can. Runs about 45 minutes and includes some really cool nuggets about some of the kids. Also a great way to get pumped about WF sports without having to concentrate on the dumpster fire that is Wake basketball.

This school is quickly making Football its primary sport if you ask me. The basketball situation is going to take a while to heal, and the football team is only getting better consistently. (Discounting the season before last.)

I don't think we can consider ourselves a "Basketball School" any longer.

This is deepest class of the Grobe era. There isn't a "Diva" in the bunch. There are alot of 4 stars sitting on the bench at some of these other schools. I'm greatful to the guys that have chose to join us. Most of these ratings are from camps and jr year play. Some of our guys had big senior seasons and are on the up swing (Ward,Matthews,Jones). Character is the most important thing. Look at the 5 star guys from a few years ago that are in street clothes (Bryce Brown,etc)

Wrote the last post before seeing the video from the luncheon. Can't wait to see these guys in Gold and Black.

How the hell does MD sign a 5* WR? After the year they just had. Especially when you look at the other offers this kid has...unreal.

Mike Locksley is like magic. He pulled 5* Arrelious Benn from DC to Illinois coming off their 2-10 season. Keeping a similarly-ranked 5* kid home seems easy compared to that. Plus I think mom wanted him close to home.

Mike Locksley is like magic. He pulled 5* Arrelious Benn from DC to Illinois coming off their 2-10 season. Keeping a similarly-ranked 5* kid home seems easy compared to that. Plus I think mom wanted him close to home.

He pays bro. Congrats.

I think we should tack a 2013 recruiting thread. One per year should be sufficient.

I'd like to see someone do an analysis like the basketball thread. Its a lot more work for football but it'd be cool if someone was willing to step up and do that.

I think we should tack a 2013 recruiting thread. One per year should be sufficient.

Agree.
We've completed a very promising 2012 class and now need to shift the focus to 2013.
Other schools are already getting commitments for 2013 and it's possible we could get some soon as well. (our first commit for 2012 was on 3/4/11 - Joel Suggs).

We may only play games in the fall, but for football fanatics, the season (especially recruiting) is year-round.

I'd like to see someone do an analysis like the basketball thread. Its a lot more work for football but it'd be cool if someone was willing to step up and do that.
I would settle for a preliminary list of targets. I've used Rivals to look at who they say we have offered but it is too difficult (and early) to know which guys are realistic.

I would settle for a preliminary list of targets. I've used Rivals to look at who they say we have offered but it is too difficult (and early) to know which guys are realistic.

That and sometimes ESPN and Rivals just suck at everything.

Dear Jela Duncan:

dukefootballagonyofdefeat_medium.gif

Knock yourself out kid.

A this time of year, we offer 5*s and kids that we've been watching for awhile. All of the 5* blow us off, Todd Peat kept us going for a long time "because they (WF) were the first to offer me." Suggs was the first last year (march 4). Cody Preble (Jan 7) for '11, Gallagher and Souza in '09 were the only guys to give a verbal before April 1st. Right now, I have upto 31 offers extended by Wake. I use Rivals and Scout, ESPN is too inconsistant with it's coverage of us. I think the staff shake up might have something to do with the fact that we have no commit yet. The only guy I can see us getting before the end of spring ball is James Looney.

A this time of year, we offer 5*s and kids that we've been watching for awhile. All of the 5* blow us off, Todd Peat kept us going for a long time "because they (WF) were the first to offer me." Suggs was the first last year (march 4). Cody Preble (Jan 7) for '11, Gallagher and Souza in '09 were the only guys to give a verbal before April 1st. Right now, I have upto 31 offers extended by Wake. I use Rivals and Scout, ESPN is too inconsistant with it's coverage of us. I think the staff shake up might have something to do with the fact that we have no commit yet. The only guy I can see us getting before the end of spring ball is James Looney.

If he's the first, that would be a very good start.

I agree that we need to have a new recruiting thread for each year, so I'm taking this one down. If someone wants to start a new one for 2013, I'll tack it. If you do start it, I only ask that you are willing to edit the first post every so often to keep a running tab of who we are in with. It makes for easier access to the listing. Also, if you know of a recruit who we are after or in with and you arent the thread starter, feel free to PM one of us mods and we'll be happy to edit the original post.

Back