• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 FOOTBALL RECRUITING MEGA THREAD

Are we done recruiting or are we looking to take a couple more? If so anyone have any names?

It's basically over. Coach said we are taking the 19 we've got and we don't plan on adding more.

if we can add more, why don't we? i am sure there are a few players out there that could help the team in some way!

if we can add more, why don't we? i am sure there are a few players out there that could help the team in some way!

Remember that we only have 85 scholarships, and reshirt almost everyone. That leaves us on average 17 scholarships a year, about 8 less than everyone else. Any players still out there are top of the line guys who are waiting, or no one else wanted. We'll give the scholarships to senior walkons, and be able to use them again next year.

Remember that we only have 85 scholarships, and reshirt almost everyone. That leaves us on average 17 scholarships a year, about 8 less than everyone else. Any players still out there are top of the line guys who are waiting, or no one else wanted. We'll give the scholarships to senior walkons, and be able to use them again next year.

^ Exactly

Randy Shannon was trying to explain, on ESPNU, that if a player graduates before NSD, and his replacement enrolls before NSD (like Ty) it doesn't count against the NCAA 25 per year limit in you class size. I say, reward the guys who play for free, and maybe pick up a kid early before NSD '13.

Randy Shannon was trying to explain, on ESPNU, that if a player graduates before NSD, and his replacement enrolls before NSD (like Ty) it doesn't count against the NCAA 25 per year limit in you class size. I say, reward the guys who play for free, and maybe pick up a kid early before NSD '13.

I don't understand. I thought Miami signed like 30 kids this year..?

They are assuming some kids won't qualify and others will greyshirt.

Didn't Butch sign like 30 per class for several years in a row (or did NCSU fans just make that up) and then boot several due to "injury?"

25 is the NCAA max in one year, the SEC has a conference rule you can not have more than 25 commitments in reaction to Houston Nutt taking almost 40 commitments one year and screwing over a bunch of kids. The squeeze will come at those who committed in August if there are more than 25 qualified. Excess kids will either be out on their ass or grey shirt. Pretty bad way to do business. There are going to be some bad stories out of that most likely.

Air Force signed 46! Talk about a Flunk-atorium.

Air Force does not give football scholarships, so they have no NCAA limits on who they bring in. No one is a football player. When my daughter was there, they had over 200 football players dressing out for practice! I am not making this up. Interesting.

Air Force does not give football scholarships, so they have no NCAA limits on who they bring in. No one is a football player. When my daughter was there, they had over 200 football players dressing out for practice! I am not making this up. Interesting.

Tough to worry about scholarship's when every student's tuition, room, and board is paid for by Uncle Sam.

I also think that every student at the 3 academies has to go out for some sport.

I also think that every student at the 3 academies has to go out for some sport.

Yeah but it can be club or IM or whatever, right? At least that's what I remember from the time I went to AFA.

Yeah but it can be club or IM or whatever, right? At least that's what I remember from the time I went to AFA.

I believe club counts, I'm not sure if IM seasons are long enough. But yeah, athletics are mandatory and it doesn't have to be varsity.

Back