• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 FOOTBALL RECRUITING MEGA THREAD

1jc2.jpg

Get up!

Check out Jared's Hudl film...he looks like Quinshad Davis when he was a sophomore!

Is his vertical really THAT good? That's a hell of a jump!

41" vertical as a sophomore!

A muscular 6'3-195 with 4.45-4.5 speed and fly-paper hands.

You really ought to see some of his film.

So much goes into rankings...this guy just didn't do much camping after his Soph/Jr season. He found the school he wanted and made it clear to recruiters that he would focus on his SR season. Period.

* Football recruiting and the star system should be evaluated by someone like Malcolm Gladwell ("Tipping Point" author). I mean you look at the amount of chatter that starts the season with literally thousands of recruits...now then, the number of recruits dwindles dramatically as signing day approaches BUT the amount of chatter does not lessen...it actually increases to the point where all these analysts have subscribers to feed and they have less and less "product" (read player reputations) to sell. So the conversation gets to a fevered pitch and with fewer and fewer recruits to cover the aspect of speculation and hype begins to leech into the process. This always skews the late rankings...what can you say? There is a definite business and 'selling' aspect which underlies the whole process.

Don't get me wrong... I love it :) but I temper my expectations on these late 'gets'. Crump's film speaks for itself and is every bit as impressive as Quinshad's --nay -- more impressive. But this runs counter to the "group think" which surrounds the star system. The star system also carries the stamp of "supposed authority" -- I think the Wall St. Journal article made a nice first strike on the entire process and the considerable amount of subjective assessment that goes into it.

JMHO :)

41" vertical as a sophomore!

A muscular 6'3-195 with 4.45-4.5 speed and fly-paper hands.

You really ought to see some of his film.

So much goes into rankings...this guy just didn't do much camping after his Soph/Jr season. He found the school he wanted and made it clear to recruiters that he would focus on his SR season. Period.

* Football recruiting and the star system should be evaluated by someone like Malcolm Gladwell ("Tipping Point" author). I mean you look at the amount of chatter that starts the season with literally thousands of recruits...now then, the number of recruits dwindles dramatically as signing day approaches BUT the amount of chatter does not lessen...it actually increases to the point where all these analysts have subscribers to feed and they have less and less "product" (read player reputations) to sell. So the conversation gets to a fevered pitch and with fewer and fewer recruits to cover the aspect of speculation and hype begins to leech into the process. This always skews the late rankings...what can you say? There is a definite business and 'selling' aspect which underlies the whole process.

Don't get me wrong... I love it :) but I temper my expectations on these late 'gets'. Crump's film speaks for itself and is every bit as impressive as Quinshad's --nay -- more impressive. But this runs counter to the "group think" which surrounds the star system. The star system also carries the stamp of "supposed authority" -- I think the Wall St. Journal article made a nice first strike on the entire process and the considerable amount of subjective assessment that goes into it.

JMHO :)

I am very glad to see that we're going for possession now. Our offense last season seemed to rely on Chris being fast, and that worries me when we run screen plays every other down. The fact that we have Tanner throwing it, Tyler coming in after him, and a stacked line of WRs is exciting. Throw in QD, and we could have a very special offense in a couple years.

Tall, long athlete with speed and skills. He is thin (6'5-175) but Lonnie feels like he can take weight up to around 200. He is not lacking in self-confidence.

If you asked him about Quinshad or Jared he'd say "they are alright"-- :) -- strictly speaking as an athlete Lonnie Galloway would tell you to think of Chris Henry when he was 17. Will he take weight like Henry? That is where Lonnie's "eye" comes into play.

Anyway the guy is a 3 star as is Crump (higher 3 star) but you just never know at Wake Forest...you just never know who you were supposed to be excited about until 2 years is burning down the road.

Personally I have seen Will Smith. I work out with the Stadnik boys. No offense to Brock, he is a great kid and an excellent prospect, but Will is a tremendous Jumbo athlete who moves so well...man, that guy is as athletic as Tylor Harris (if you have seen Tylor's film) and adds his name to a burgeoning list of outstanding young OL at Wake. By far the largest and most gifted collection I have seen as a fan of the Deacs.

Really happy for this kid, lectro. Don't know him, but have a connection to him via a family friend. He's from all accounts a terrific young man.

siff, where you been, man?

We beat out a lot of very good programs for most of these guys. Awesome.

It could have been better. But top to bottom, I think all of our new guys will help out. Compared to classes from 4-5 years ago, all 19 signees were rated 3* by the three scouting services. Keep going to Bowl games, and get good recruits.

Or you could be Duke and not do crap, and get top 60 classes.

Last edited:
Is that wild speculation or do you have something to back up that his GF got a dirty blue scholarship?

No, just more wild eyed speculation from the cheap seats...I mean really, the audacity...to suggest that a fucking program that recently had an agent as lead recruiter on the football team and another agent teaching a ghost course designed to pass athletes through...nah...nothing to see here folks.

WTFK is wrong with you? Do you imagine you will be able to go outside the blue-hued lens and find anybody who believes (a) unc had minor infractions and (b) the university has cooperated throughout ?

Your university did what all good universities producing a legion of remora-like lawyers to suck and feed off living systems...those boys blanketed the field with reams of meaningless documents which is why it has taken the NCAA so GD long to punish your asses. The blue-crew has made it nigh impossible for an understaffed enforcement ageny to sort through this "blizzard of bullshit".

But they are persevering...and the longer it goes on the worse for you...you see, AD's from "punished schools" (like Rhodes Scholar and Lawyer, Pat Haden, out at USC). These folks are waiting to see and make certain the NCAA does the right thing with unc.

* unc's LOI was 43 pages....roughly 35 more pages of infractions than those found at Ohio State.

No, just more wild eyed speculation from the cheap seats...I mean really, the audacity...to suggest that a fucking program that recently had an agent as lead recruiter on the football team and another agent teaching a ghost course designed to pass athletes through...nah...nothing to see here folks.

WTFK is wrong with you? Do you imagine you will be able to go outside the blue-hued lens and find anybody who believes (a) unc had minor infractions and (b) the university has cooperated throughout ?

Your university did what all good universities producing a legion of remora-like lawyers to suck and feed off living systems...those boys blanketed the field with reams of meaningless documents which is why it has taken the NCAA so GD long to punish your asses. The blue-crew has made it nigh impossible for an understaffed enforcement ageny to sort through this "blizzard of bullshit".

But they are persevering...and the longer it goes on the worse for you...you see, AD's from "punished schools" (like Rhodes Scholar and Lawyer, Pat Haden, out at USC). These folks are waiting to see and make certain the NCAA does the right thing with unc.

* unc's LOI was 43 pages....roughly 35 more pages of infractions than those found at Ohio State.

Chill out, Lectro. I hate UNC and I fully appreciate how dirty they are. Just wanted to know if there was something to what the poster was saying.

Are we done recruiting or are we looking to take a couple more? If so anyone have any names?

Back