• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 FOOTBALL RECRUITING MEGA THREAD

Jela would go a long way to helping shore up the very thin numbers at RB.

Another commitment just announced, db James Ward from Florida. Offers from Maryland and Marshall. Really hitting Fla. hard this year.

Another commitment just announced, db James Ward from Florida. Offers from Maryland and Marshall. Really hitting Fla. hard this year.

James Ward.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...-commits-wake-forest-20111216,0,3105982.story

This staff does a great job of getting on players who are just emerging or have their coming out party as Seniors.

Knowing what we now know of Kevin Johnson, Merril, A.J. and how the staff feels about Allen Ramsey it is easy to get excited about our 2 CB prospects for 2012.

If only Santa would bring us one big bodied DT... You just hope that smart kids will see what these guys have done with 2 star prospects and hitch their wagon to the Deacons.

James Ward.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...-commits-wake-forest-20111216,0,3105982.story

This staff does a great job of getting on players who are just emerging or have their coming out party as Seniors.

Knowing what we now know of Kevin Johnson, Merril, A.J. and how the staff feels about Allen Ramsey it is easy to get excited about our 2 CB prospects for 2012.

If only Santa would bring us one big bodied DT... You just hope that smart kids will see what these guys have done with 2 star prospects and hitch their wagon to the Deacons.

+1

Both the gamecock and Clemson message boards that I have read seem to agree on this: both would love to take Quinshad but they filled their WR slots early and don't have room. Quinshad would prob pick either one if a slot opens up so even if he commits to Wake, I would not feel good until is name is on the paper. Sounds like a very solid kid and player- hope Wake gets him!

Quinshad tweaked his ankle in the Shrine Bowl and didn't play the second half. Had a long catch down the sideline in the second quarter before going out.

Still, he'd be a tremendous pickup for us moving forward.

I have heard rumors that Tennessee is putting the full court press on Quinshad. They struck out on their plan A recently so he is the top priority on their board for WR.

i don't usually get too into recruiting, but i really like the sounds of quinshad. sounds like he'd be a great pickup.

I have heard rumors that Tennessee is putting the full court press on Quinshad. They struck out on their plan A recently so he is the top priority on their board for WR.

Believe they are, but they came to the party a lot later than WF. Lets be honest though, a guy who picks Tenn over WF really isn't looking for the same type of school that WF offers. Odds are that type of player would have ended up somewhere besides WF anyway. For Quinshad's sake I hope he's a WF type of guy :thumbsup:

Is he a step slow? I know he's big, but doesnt seem to have great separation in the video.

Is he a step slow? I know he's big, but doesnt seem to have great separation in the video.

Yea that is supposedly the knock on him and why the SC teams didnt offer.

Yea that is supposedly the knock on him and why the SC teams didnt offer.

Not exactly. They both offered, but he sat on the offers hoping bigger ones would come about, which they didn't. SC received verbals from 3 WRs in about a 2 day period while QD was playing the recruiting game. He was fully made aware of our numbers crunch at his position over the summer, but gambled anyways. The door closed. I would assume Clemson told him the exact same line.

But he's a great WR and it would be great to see him play in Winston-Salem. He was just named a first team high school AA by Sports Illus.

Last edited:
Not exactly. They both offered, but he sat on the offers hoping bigger ones would come about, which they didn't. We received verbals from 3 WRs in about a 2 day period while QD was playing the recruiting game.

Using "we" on a Wake Forest board when you're actually talking about SC is confusing.

Believe they are, but they came to the party a lot later than WF. Lets be honest though, a guy who picks Tenn over WF really isn't looking for the same type of school that WF offers. Odds are that type of player would have ended up somewhere besides WF anyway. For Quinshad's sake I hope he's a WF type of guy :thumbsup:

I saw yesterday that he is an SI All-American and sports a 4.1 GPA. Seems that academics may be important which may mean a Wake lean. However, we've been burned before by kids who have chosen randomU for "academics".

Back