• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

BACK TO BACK Champion in my keeper league. 3rd Championship in year 8 of the league. Just keepin' on, keepin' on.

My daughter just beat me for my league championship to deny me a three-peat. I don't know if I should be proud of a job well done or embarrassed that I got beat by a 6 year old.

This was back-to-back for me as well.... we clearly need to handicap ourselves to make '14 interesting

I already did that... gave up a 2nd and 3rd rounder (for a 4th and 9th) to get Brees this season. Making it a 3-peat is going to take a portion of my cunning next season....no, NO! All my cunning.

This.

And give her the damn trophy already!

I actually put the trophy in her room already so she can see it when she wakes up this morning. She's going to be happier about that than anything she gets for Christmas this year.

Played in three leagues this year and finally had some success. Won my work league and finished 3rd and 4th in the others. Turned $150 into $600, i'll take that any day.

Need to pick my 2 keepers by the Super Bowl. You lose a pick from whatever round you drafted the person last year. My team kinda sucked, so here are the five I'm considering:

Arian Foster (1st round)
Cam Newton (2nd)
DeMarco Murray (5th)
Gio Bernard (6th)
Julius Thomas (undrafted, lose a pick in the last round)

leaning towards the last 2 there, based on Gio's potential and Thomas' value. thoughts?

Last 2 are definitely the easy choice, but I think I take Murray and Gio.

Given it's a keeper league, RBs are at a premium as many are grabbed early in their career and held onto for a while. Not knowing the specifics of your league, I would imagine Murray will go late second round and RB's will be slim pickings beyond 2nd round. Having two top 20 RBs and then still having your top 4 draft picks puts you in a pretty strong start for your league.

As for Julius Thomas specifically, first consider that he's a TE and the value according to replacement player is marginal. I also think next year beyond Graham and a healthy Gronk, TE is very deep. And you have to consider the high risk attached to locking yourself into him this early. If Peyton doesn't come back or there's injury problems, Thomas becomes worthless. If Peyton does come back and Thomas is still the #1 TE target, his upside is to be a 5th or 6th round draft pick.

There are whispers that Dallas may try to move away from Murray if they can get a RB they like in FA or the draft. Not sure how true, but that is why I would lay off Murray here in Jan/Feb.

Glad my keepers aren't due until August.

Need to pick my 2 keepers by the Super Bowl. You lose a pick from whatever round you drafted the person last year. My team kinda sucked, so here are the five I'm considering:

Arian Foster (1st round)
Cam Newton (2nd)
DeMarco Murray (5th)
Gio Bernard (6th)
Julius Thomas (undrafted, lose a pick in the last round)

leaning towards the last 2 there, based on Gio's potential and Thomas' value. thoughts?

Gio for sure and I'd probably go with OJ just because of better value.

Last 2 are definitely the easy choice, but I think I take Murray and Gio.

Given it's a keeper league, RBs are at a premium as many are grabbed early in their career and held onto for a while. Not knowing the specifics of your league, I would imagine Murray will go late second round and RB's will be slim pickings beyond 2nd round. Having two top 20 RBs and then still having your top 4 draft picks puts you in a pretty strong start for your league.

As for Julius Thomas specifically, first consider that he's a TE and the value according to replacement player is marginal. I also think next year beyond Graham and a healthy Gronk, TE is very deep. And you have to consider the high risk attached to locking yourself into him this early. If Peyton doesn't come back or there's injury problems, Thomas becomes worthless. If Peyton does come back and Thomas is still the #1 TE target, his upside is to be a 5th or 6th round draft pick.

This is how I would play it. Great breakdown of TE value for TEs not named Graham or Gronk.

I liked Murray a) when he was healthy and actually played and, b) when Dallas actually gave him the damn ball which they weren't wont to do a lot. he'd finish the first quarter with like 67 yards and a TD on 8 carries then finish the game with 84 yards and a TD on 11 carries.

I liked Murray a) when he was healthy and actually played and, b) when Dallas actually gave him the damn ball which they weren't wont to do a lot. he'd finish the first quarter with like 67 yards and a TD on 8 carries then finish the game with 84 yards and a TD on 11 carries.

God dammit. Thanks for reminding me.

businessman-banging-his-head-against-the-wall-ispc026073.jpg

There are whispers that Dallas may try to move away from Murray if they can get a RB they like in FA or the draft. Not sure how true, but that is why I would lay off Murray here in Jan/Feb.

Glad my keepers aren't due until August.

This is fair, but I still think he's the safer play then JT.

Bigger point is why the hell are keepers due before the Super Bowl? Just absurd. So many RBs where values will change dramatically over next few months. Not like pro teams have to decide who to keep for next year before the Super Bowl.

This is fair, but I still think he's the safer play then JT.

Bigger point is why the hell are keepers due before the Super Bowl? Just absurd. So many RBs where values will change dramatically over next few months. Not like pro teams have to decide who to keep for next year before the Super Bowl.

I have no fucking idea

Back